Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode just under 1000 miles the last two days on Multi's stock seat and tried MotoSkiveez padded under gear and was amazed on the comfort. Have tried Corbin seat but did not like added height so with MotoSkiveez was able to go back to stock seat.

·
Hammer Down
2019 1250 GS
1,747 Posts
Glad they worked for you! I’ve read positive results from others as well. For me they’ve made zero difference. FWIW, I did an iron butt on my Multi with stock seat and regular underwear.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Waiting for summer and longer days of sunshine and plan on doing an Iron Butt ride. Did you do an organized one or by yourself.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Rode just under 1000 miles the last two days on Multi's stock seat and tried MotoSkiveez padded under gear and was amazed on the comfort. Have tried Corbin seat but did not like added height so with MotoSkiveez was able to go back to stock seat.
I really like my pair. I’m not even sure if it’s the padding I like best. The seam positioning, the wicking fabric, and the way they keep everything, um, organized are all winning features for me.

·
1st Gen Hyper Hooligan
2,372 Posts
I have debated these for awhile now. I think I should just pony up. My sargeant on the stroodle is about 4 years old now and I think the foaming has officially given me all the comfort its suppose too. If these would keep me on the bike for a 3 hours straight, I would be impressed.

·
Registered
65 Posts
For me they work well and are worth it. They don't work miracles but for me they do double the comfortable seat time.

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
Back when I was mountain biking I used to wear gel padded shorts and they helped a lot so I tried them with touring and the did not work at all for me... different usage pattern compared to an active thing like biking.

I also tried things like bead seats and fleece. Beads were TERRIBLE... fleece did help a bit. What REALLY worked for me was an Airhawk pad.

As for skiv's that worked for me... I like boxer briefs for riding. More comfortable then traditional briefs and keeps your equipment contained better than boxers. Depending on weather I switch between synthetic and cotton. (Synthetic works better when it's hot and you're likely to sweat OR you're going to end up wet for some reason, cotton is better for cold/no sweat/dry conditions IMO).

11,000 miles in 4 weeks with up to 900 mile/16 hour days (almost no expressways so more seat time than traditional slab riding for the same mileage)... I did the longest day on the last day of the trip and was not sore when I finished using Airhawk - that was a big change compared to other long trips on the Multi.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I did a 6800km ride in 66 hours with these things. It got uncomfortable toward the 3 rd day but without the motoskiveez I think it would have been a lot worse....

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Seriously,,,, TMI.

·
North Carolina, USA
3,320 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
I'm on mile 2,178 of a 3,000 mile trip right this second (700 miles to go) and Moto-Skiveez are taintsavers! Sargent seat + Moto Skiveez = very comfy!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts