Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Depending on your experience, skill, preparation and risk tolerance, riding a motorcycle in the rain can be anything from frightening to fun. In any case, it is at least more complicated, potentially more hazardous, and afterward, your bike will need a bath.

Some riders avoid rain, but others, especially in areas with more annual rainfall, learn to deal with it. And odds are if you ride long and far enough, sooner or later you'll be confronted with it, willingly or not.

More: Motorcycle Riding In The Rain And Wind on Motorcycle.com

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
Depending on your experience, skill, preparation and risk tolerance, riding a motorcycle in the rain can be anything from frightening to fun. In any case, it is at least more complicated, potentially more hazardous, and afterward, your bike will need a bath.

Some riders avoid rain, but others, especially in areas with more annual rainfall, learn to deal with it. And odds are if you ride long and far enough, sooner or later you'll be confronted with it, willingly or not.

More: Motorcycle Riding In The Rain And Wind on Motorcycle.com
Absolutely right. Adverse weather riding is a good skill to have, with good equipment.

Although I have yet to get on a wet race-track. Imagine good throttle control, and managing rear wheel slide is some fun (if you can deal with it appropriately).

·
Registered
252 Posts
I was riding home from work this afternoon in pouring rain and thinking how I need some training in rain. I've lost all confidence during my five-year riding hiatus. Guess the only way I'll get it back is to actually ride in the rain...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts