Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I will be visiting SF for a couple of days and was wondering if anyone of you could suggest a shop where I could pick up some parts for my MV Agusta Ago and Ducati 998. I'm looking for

- DID chains

- STM or Supersprox sprockets

- AStar gloves

and just generally browse through the store

thanks

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
I would recommend Scuderia West for parts. They usually have higher-end stuff in their inventory. You can also walk up the street to Munroe's and kick the tires on some new Ducatis, MVs, etc. DesmotoSport has a large inventory of Ducati parts but not really for browsing. You might give them a call if there's something specific you're looking for. As far as A*, I'd have a look at the Dainese store. Similar if not better quality and they are doing an inventory reduction sale. But Motowheels is probably the experience you're more after but it's 2 and a half hours away.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
8,715 Posts
Enjoy your visit while your here, to bad you couldn't bring your bike, many nice roads in the area to go exploring on. I've been to Dubai twice in the last three years, what a totally amazing international city, I really enjoyed my stay there. What pushed my buttons were the building architecture, many of them unique in design yet tied in to each other. I almost had a chance to go back this year and if I did I was going to bring my DSLR and a wide angle lens, even a fish eye lens and just spend a day photographing the buildings, which to me are works of art. However, I wish I knew more about photography from a processing standpoint, I've seen some cool images produced of the Dubai skyline using Photoshop or light room.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Mike. I'd love to visit MotoWheels but the mrs isn't buying my story that Sacramento is a great shopping destination 0:)

Thanks MM will check out the stores you mentioned. Appreciate you help :smile2:

Thanks John for your response. SFC has some wonderful roads and the weather is awesome. It feels so good to be away from the Dubai summer.

Yes Dubai has some pretty cool buildings. I noticed a lot of similarity in the architecture of Chicago

·
Administrator
12,246 Posts
But Motowheels is probably the experience you're more after but it's 2 and a half hours away.

Good luck.
I have to correct you on the time thing, we usually make it from our house to San Fran in 1.5 hours, it is only 90 miles.

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Motowheels is 90 minutes or less from Downtown SF. I've been driving to visit my son who is going to school in downtown San Francisco. I can get there in an hour early in the morning :)

You can hit the outlet stores in Fairfield on the way and then the Folsom outlet stores after you stop at Motowheels. We are only open Monday through Friday though.

Lake Tahoe is only about an hour away from the outlet stores. That would be a nice side trip.

-M

1 - 8 of 8 Posts