Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I used to live in Japan and need to get my license here. I used to work for the US Government and took the Motorcycle Safety Foundation course and currently have the Rider Course License. What do I have to do to get my license? Will I have to still do the on bike test? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Hello I used to live in Japan and need to get my license here. I used to work for the US Government and took the Motorcycle Safety Foundation course and currently have the Rider Course License. What do I have to do to get my license? Will I have to still do the on bike test? Thanks.
I know in many states if you take your MSF card into the DMV, they will honor it as if you've taken the test. Not sure about Cali, though.

·
Registered
104 Posts
If you have done the MSF BRC then you take the paperwork to DMV and that excuses you from the on-bike test . However , you still will need to complete the 20 question written test. It has most of the stuff that you have already done in the MSF written but be careful some answers differ in both tests so get the DMV motorcycle handbook first. Then you get a cute photo taken and you're good to go..
Safe and Happy riding to you.
Cheers
Derek
(Former MSF coach)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you have done the MSF BRC then you take the paperwork to DMV and that excuses you from the on-bike test . However , you still will need to complete the 20 question written test. It has most of the stuff that you have already done in the MSF written but be careful some answers differ in both tests so get the DMV motorcycle handbook first. Then you get a cute photo taken and you're good to go..
Safe and Happy riding to you.
Cheers
Derek
(Former MSF coach)
ok sweet. i will do that this week then. Thanks again....

·
Registered
125 Posts
Not necessarily true. I took the MSF course in SC, and I still had to take the on motorcycle test. It varies from one state to another.

·
Official Retired Person
7,326 Posts
I took the MSF in Indiana and had it and the endorsement on my IN license, recognized by NC. Maybe NC took the IN endorsement and ignored the MSF?

Anyway, check with your DMV. Most important: Answer their dumb questions with THEIR dumb answers!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Not necessarily true. I took the MSF course in SC, and I still had to take the on motorcycle test. It varies from one state to another.
Which is why I spoke up as we are both talking about CA I think!:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts