Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kneeriders.com is having their annual "Kneestock" camping trip in Belden California. I decided to go this time to experience motorcycle camping for the first time. This is not really roughing it because there is a nice restaurant on site and all the other services. Its cheap to, $30 buys you registration, dinner Saturday night and the party too. Camp sites are $15 a nite, the place is on the river. They also have cabins and RV hook ups. There will be a couple day rides of the area and the lodge has a big bar. I hear its a nice set up.

I'm going to ride up on the MTS Friday around noon with another rider. Belden is in the Sierras, you take hgwy 70 to get there.

If any of you are interested in doing a little adventure, go to Kneeriders.com and check out the Kneerider 09 post. Its going to be a lot of fun. Also, it looks like a great place to take the family too.

·
Administrator
12,438 Posts
This does sound interesting to Jess and I... :)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Yipee for Kneeriders!

They're a good group. So far it's the only group that I feel comfortable riding with.:D

·
Premium Member
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This does sound interesting to Jess and I... :)
Scott, this is perfect for the both of you. The area is really nice and its with a great group of people. Go to the website for further details.

I'm going to ride up Friday, leaving here around 11 or 12 noon. I'll be riding with one other, hes on a Triumph Tiger. I might even pack a small fishing pole since the place is right on a river. Theres also a lot of hiking trails around so its more or less complete with all the features you would want in the great outdoors. On top of all that there are a couple exploring motorcycle rides planned.

I'm really looking forward to it and plan on getting a campsite next to the river. For some reason I think we might have the whole place to ourselves, or pretty close to it.

·
Home of vortex tuning
1,648 Posts
Great place, take an inner tube to cruse the river, the Pacific crest trail runs into camp, smash coins on the train tracks. Nothing like the shake rumble and roar of an eastbound freight, standing next to the tracks at night in the dark.

·
Administrator
12,438 Posts
I didn't realize this event is this weekend until I brought it up today at lunch! Jessica's father is coming down this weekend and we are finishing our move :(
I am really bummed because we love motorcycle camping.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts