Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Life is too short to worry !
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering taking a Motorail service from N.Europe to N.Italy next year to cut down on roadtime to WDW if/when they get round to setting a date.

I understand there are services from Holland to NW.Italy and German services from C.Germany to NE.Italy , anybody have experience of the various alternatives ?

·
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Super Moderator
8,187 Posts
Ive used AUTOZUG from Hamburg down to Münich and that was smooth.
We where 1 car and 4 people at that time and cost was about equall to the gas for driving it, but we saved on an overnight and also made the journey during the night.

Easy peasy really. Arrive and check in at Hamburg Altona railway. Then have a stroll or wait by the train.. Drive aboard and put the bike on sidestand (there where about 150 bikes boarding our train). The staff take care of strapping everything down and securing the bike. You get you stuff in a compartment thet is one compartment per 4 people. The train rolled out at around 7pm and your carriageassistent will greet you and take care of purchases from the dining car. We arrived munich at 6am, but where awoken at 8am. Offloading equally easy and then its 2hours to Austria.

Hint: Bring food and drink for the ride.. It costs some. Breakfast was free. GREAT service and I cant fault them for anything.

From what I understand, Autozug also offers service into Austria, Italy, France and even down to Spain!

·
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Anders, I think we will be optring for thew Auto Slaap service from Hertgotenbosch to Livorno.

Its not particulartly cheap but seems the most appropriate to get down to the right area and , as you say , the bulk of our journey will be overnight so we can concentrate on and have the energy for , enjoying Tuscany and Emillia whilst visiting WDW.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts