Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know this is a complex project but I have a 99 m750 carb bike and need to know what issues i would have swapping the motor for a 93 900ss carb (i have complete bike) and can i use my m750 swing arm or do i have to use/easier to use the 900 swingarm
basically i want the dryclutch 6sp 900 motor in my monster
i searched all threads and havent come up with an answer
or if someone can point me in the right direction

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
You cannot use an SS swingarm on a Monster because the rear suspension and shock mounts are completely different.

I'm not too sure if the SS engine will be a direct swap, but if the swingarm mounting bosses on the engine are the same width, I believe it should. I haven't looked at an SS engine in a while.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
could the frame on the m750 be modified to accept the 900ss swingarm (cut weld? or more to it than that)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i really dont want to use the 900ss swingarm on my m750 frame i dont like the way it looks
but if the motor will fit the frame then all i need to do is get my swingarm on the 900 motor (machine cases or will it bolt up

·
Registered
998 Posts
Just measure the cases at the swingarm pivot, if they are the same width, it will fit. You should look into 12mm engine mount bolts, they really tighten things up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The motor should fit , you will need the bigger carbs.
there are different sizes for the 750 and the 900
When swithing to keihin carbs the 750 gets 39mms, 900 gets the 41mms
Post this same question on the ducati monster fourm.
Alot of the guys on that fourm customize monsters and switch out motors all the time.

·
Registered
231 Posts
the engines are a direct swap. be sure to use the SS carbs on the SS motor :)

even better that you have another whole bike, put the 750 engine in the SS and sell it!

the swingarms mount to the engine identically, but the way the shock mounts are completely different. there are a couple monsters out there with SS swingarm/shocks grafted on, but it requires a good deal of cutting and welding to mount the SS shock

1 - 8 of 8 Posts