Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I should have asked this sooner,but.................. Hasn't anyone else here heard of this? I found out about it on another forum about 2 weeks ago & checked in to it & a friend & I are headed out to Colorado to do the first Motomarathon. www.motomarathon.com So far, it looks like there are about 50 riders signed up. Brian Catterson (Motorcyclist) & his brother are signed up as is Michael Lock (DNA). The event is partially sponsored by Ducati. Of course Ducati is pumping the Hyper & Multi for the event since they don't sell the ST anymore. But rest assured, I will do my best to uphold the ST honor!!!!!!! The Duc Truck will be there for a couple of the days so I will definitely have to try out a HM & a Streetfighter if I can. I'll try to talk to Michael Lock about how many of us love our STs.
As an aside, I mounted some Bridgstone 016 triple compound baloney skins on Saturday & my initial impressions are good. It's pretty much impossible to really put them to the test around where I live but just zig-zagging around scrubbing them in they seem to have a very smooth ride & good feel. I was really happy with Michelin Pilot Power 2CTs, got 4100 out of the rear before the center was worn out, just decided to try something different. I'll let you guys (&gals) know how they work later.
So, we're hitting the road tonight, trailering the bikes out to Colorado from Florida.I know I'm a sissy (for trailering) but I hate having to get tires in the middle of a trip & really doubt if any tires I would want to use would make it 2000 miles out, 2000 +/- for the event & 2000 miles back. Plus, the ride between here & Colorado is BORING!!!!!!! I'll keep you all posted on how it goes. I'll have my laptop so I should be able to give some reports & pics while I'm out there. Wish me luck!
Gregg

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Thanks for posting Greg. I heard about this in the Motorcyclist issue with the Streetfighter on the cover. Sounds like a great event, try to find out if they're going to try and make it an annual or any other details not in the article. See if you can get Michael Locke to post up here for the rest of us following virtually online.

Can't wait to read the write ups after the event.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Sounds like a Fantastic event Marty. Be sure and give us a dump of the event. Also let us know if it will be held next year. If so I's like to plan on going.

Randy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts