Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to see if anyone has been to a MotoGP event, Preferably COTA in Austin-but really any event will do, that has purchased the full VIP passes and what their experience was? Thinking about stepping up for VIP tickets next season and just curious.. Still some time before tickets go on sale but never to early to start thinking about the next chance to get to a race!

Thanks!
MD

·
Registered
171 Posts
I attended COTA MotoGP in 2017 and 2018 on VIP pass. Definitely an exciting and immersive way to see the races and glad that I did. The physical and aural roar while standing/sitting immediately above the starting line when the lights go out is a highlight (not so much the Moto3 bikes..!). Staff, food and hospitality are excellent. Not over-crowded; plenty of places to sit. Occasional guest speaker nice to see. Photo ops ok. Parking spaces are closer and easy to get in/out of. Meeting and chatting with others good (but you'll likely do that or not do that wherever you end up).

Paddock passes are extra - I have had paddock access elsewhere but not at COTA. Others I spoke to were very happy with their experience there and level of visibility and access to riders and team members. VIP pass holders do get a short track walk however; close viewing of all top riders getting into vehicles for BMW parade lap.

On the other hand, it can be too easy to remain in the cocoon of comfort, hospitality and video viewing, rather than actually experiencing the race. The straight (to me) is not the best viewing once a race is underway, and I found myself inside staring at the video screen a lot. Also very hard to hear any commentary. Sitting in a grandstand area (I have experienced and enjoyed Turn 15) you see a little more racing and experience more of the venue, and get the opportunity to walk around. I plan to go again in 2019, although I am not sure that I will get the VIP pass again.... Do you get what you pay for? Yes, I suppose. Do you really need it? Depends on the individual.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I have done it the last couple years at COTA, VIP with the hospitality and paddock pass... what can I say, you get to watch from right above the pits, free food, free alcoholic beverages, plus you can hang out with the riders and teams and who ever else shows up. If you are a a serious Motogp fan, it is totally worth it... if you are just a fair weather fan then you may not like it as much.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Did it in Indy, well worth it. You get to rub elbows with some interesting VIPs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for feedback so far... Had the turn 15 grandstand seats this year and was intending to hang onto those for the race, and then use VIP areas for the rest of the weekend... I had the paddock passes this year but did not find real value in them which is why I was curious about the VIP- it sounds like it's the real deal for access.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts