Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
I am interest in the electric machines. I am not a fan of them, but I am interested. We all know that now that they are in GP the trickle down will occur and this is the real initiation of a the robot take over for motorcycles. Humans next.

Ducati will be the fear because of their machines. Honda has the riders which keeps them up top. I don't care if Lorenzo doesn't have his bike sorted. He's still a good rider.

·
Registered
140 Posts
MM is a cat with 9 lives. Its amazing that he hasn't hurt himself more substantially over the years, but you're correct that one of these mishaps could end his success.

·
Come in Spinner :)
8,843 Posts
Interesting comments from Petrux and Gigi:

Petrucci said he has no qualms about changing his approach to racing given the level of success twelve-time MotoGP winner Dovizioso has achieved.
"I've never had a team-mate that on paper is, for sure, really better than me," he explained. "Jack [Miller] was a challenge last year and we made many races together. In the past with Scott [Redding] it was the same level, but at the end of the championship I was above my team-mates.
"So this year is the opposite maybe. I have to look to another rider that I can only learn from. So I think to stay close to Andrea is a big help… we need each other. Because Andrea wants, truly, to win the championship and I want to be useful for him and for Ducati. To make a great season and fight for the top five in all the races."
Ducati Corse general manager Gigi Dall’Igna wants a similar level of co-operation between his riders during MotoGP events, suggesting the team suffered due to the breakdown in relations between Dovizioso and Lorenzo.
"One of the things we have definitely changed [this year] is the rider strategy. We have chosen to move from two riders who think independently of each other, acting in their own interest, regardless of the good of the team, to a system that if possible, will attempt to optimise the overall results of the team," Dall’Igna said.
"I'm not talking about team orders, but I'm talking about the synergy in the development of the bike, and in the setup of the bike during the race weekend."

I have to say I'm not altogether convinced of the sincerity of his last paragraph:
Petrucci is the only factory rider on a single-year contract and knows the likes of Jack Miller and Francesco Bagnaia are waiting to take over should he not make a success of 2019.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts