Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Championship series leader Valentino Rossi set the early pace in the first practice session of the Australian MotoGP round at Phillip Island. Marlboro Ducati’s Casey Stoner narrowly failed to overhaul the Italian finishing the session just 1/10th slower on the very last lap. Details here

·
Come in Spinner :)
7,654 Posts
Ducati on Pole at Phillip Island

Welcome back Cassey!

Stoner & Rossi were in a class of their own today, pity I couldn't make it to the Island this year, (carpal tunnel problem)
Just need Nicky to fire up now.

·
Premium Member
2004 998S FE, 2000 748B, 1986 750 F1
2,399 Posts
Casey is the man! Fantastic effort and very exciting to watch. The tent errupted as Casey went fastest and then faster again. Casey's mum was sitting just behind us, she just had a smile on her face. Its been cold and its been wet, those pesky elements! But its been great fun and there is still tomorrow - Go Casey!

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
GO CASEY! :D

Its interesting to note, post qualifying Casey said he had issues with maintaining grip, thats why they weren't near last years record breaking laptimes. He attributes it to the carbon fiber swing arm and how stiff the bike is saying it works better at some tracks, but obviously not at PI.

Pedrosa and Lorenzo arn't going to spoil Rossi and Stoners party. The race should be brilliant!

Great qualifying session, worth watching, lots of action! ;)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Ducati Acolyte
819 Posts
Welcome back Cassey!

Stoner & Rossi were in a class of their own today, pity I couldn't make it to the Island this year, (carpal tunnel problem)
Just need Nicky to fire up now.
Hey an Ingham lad. davy-j I'm an ex-Townsville lad. I miss the Tableland roads :)

·
Banned
3 Posts
Stoners back!! sucks for Lorenzo though. Rossi benefits once again from riders crashing out and missing races this season.

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Casey Stoner took the win for the 3rd time in succession at Australia’s, Phillip Island circuit during the 15th round of the MotoGP Championship. Stoner led almost flag to flag after overtaking fast starter Dani Pedrosa on the first lap. Valentino Rossi took 2nd after championship rival and team-mate Jorge Lorenzo crashed out on the first corner of the race dashing his championship hopes. Pedrosa took a distant third place. Details here.

Australian MotoGP Results
1. Casey Stoner (AUS) Ducati Marlboro Team 40′56.651
2. Valentino Rossi (ITA) Fiat Yamaha Team + 1.935
3. Dani Pedrosa (SPA) Repsol Honda + 22.618
4. Alex De Angelis (RSM) San Carlo Honda Gresini + 32.702
5. Colin Edwards (USA) Monster Yamaha Tech 3 + 35.885
6. Andrea Dovizioso (ITA) Repsol Honda + 38.482
7. Marco Melandri (ITA) Hayate Racing Team + 44.461
8. Randy De Puniet (FRA) LCR Honda MotoGP + 44.941
9. Mika Kallio (FIN) Ducati Marlboro Team + 54.345
10. Toni Elias (SPA) San Carlo Honda Gresini + 1′01.205
11. Chris Vermeulen (AUS) Rizla Suzuki MotoGP + 1′05.417
12. Loris Capirossi (ITA) Rizla Suzuki MotoGP + 1′05.95013. Gabor Talmacsi (HUN) Scot Racing Team MotoGP + 1′17.951
14. James Toseland (GBR) Monster Yamaha Tech 3 + 1′17.985
15. Nicky Hayden (USA) Ducati Marlboro Team 1 Lap

DNF Jorge Lorenzo (SPA) Fiat Yamaha Team 27 Lap

·
Registered
238 Posts
Casey does it again, too bad for Lorenzo i was hoping he'd make it interesting

·
Registered
55 Posts
Great result for Casey & Ducati! Not bad for a guy who hasn't trained properly for five months or more - imagine what he could do when fully fit? Hard luck for Hayden & Canepa - turn one at the Island is one of the last places you want to come off. :eek:

VIVA DUCATI!! :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Stoners back!! sucks for Lorenzo though. Rossi benefits once again from riders crashing out and missing races this season.
It's his own fault. He makes too many mistakes and that doesn't make a champion. He needs to up his game if he wants to beat Rossi.

Though, to be fair, Rossi has made mistakes too this season. At indy he scored 0 while Lorenzo scored 25, so it's not like Lorenzo hasn't benfitted from a couple of Rossis mistakes.

·
Come in Spinner :)
7,654 Posts
Hey an Ingham lad. davy-j I'm an ex-Townsville lad. I miss the Tableland roads :)
Hey Mate.
I was going to ride the Gillies to the Tablelands this weekend, but decided to do Paluma early
& then watch the GP instead.
Got to Paluma & the whole mountain was on fire.
So... off to Black River to do the Harveys Range Road.. just crested the top...
Bloody freshly resurfaced blacktop with tar & loose gravel everywhere.
Most of the roads around Ingham have recently been resurfaced so no quality riding to be had for a few weeks now.

Stoner... What can I say? Deserved the win.
How come no one else can ride that bike?

I attached a couple of shots of the bike (hope no one minds) & a cam shot from the Harveys ride to make you homesick :)
Check out all the loose stuff on the road surface.
It rained heavy last night for the first time in 4 months so that should clean it up a bit.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
What amazing control by Stoner. The rear was sliding so much on the last few laps I thought he was going to lose control and let Rossi by. Wow can he ride that Ducati.

·
Premium Member
2004 998S FE, 2000 748B, 1986 750 F1
2,399 Posts
What amazing control by Stoner. The rear was sliding so much on the last few laps I thought he was going to lose control and let Rossi by. Wow can he ride that Ducati.
At times I nearly couldn't look, but did anyway:D It was wonderful. :D:D

Grip was apparently a big problem all weekend, we had so much rain down there and it was quite chilly too, the riders did complain a bit but everyone was in the same boat.

In fact the Motogp guys were not the only ones to suffer Randy Mamola had a bit of an Ooops moment at Honda putting down the two seater Ducati with a pillion on the back. The Suzuki Tent two down from us suddenly made a lot of noise, so I stopped reading my program, looked up and sure enough there it was on the ground :( The Marshalls and Randy got it up and started again and the celebrity pillion ran (not up the escape road as I would have:D, but to the bike and hopped on and off they went). We didn't see that bike again.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Loved the white on Stoner's bike. WTB a replica with that color scheme.

Rossi and Stoner absolutely made the rest of the competition look horrible. Whoever said why can't anyone else ride that bike +1. I always ask myself if Stoner would be absolutely dominant on an R1 or not?

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
How the other guys are doing.............:D

14 Nicky Hayden Ducati Marlboro Team
15 Mika Kallio Pramac Racing
16 Niccolo Canepa Pramac Racing

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
How the other guys are doing.............:D

14 Nicky Hayden Ducati Marlboro Team
15 Mika Kallio Pramac Racing
16 Niccolo Canepa Pramac Racing
+1 as I said before Stoner is THE only ONE who can ride that Ducati and consistently podium or win with it. All the others can only pray for this. The guy took 3 races off and now he's back in full health and kicking arse. Not to mention he's 3rd in points and missed 3 races, amazing. GO CASEY!!!!

Ohh Yeh all those Stoner haters who thought Ducati would not want him back can now go and suck a rotten egg :D.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts