Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for a 1 piece suit of leathers for twisties riding. I was going to get the MotoGP compression in the cow leathers, but everyone ive talked to says they are on backorder for a month. So im looking at the Titanium suit now.

Anyway, anyone have any opinions on their quality? or any suggestions? thanks

·
Premium Member
8,752 Posts
I didn't have a chance to check em out, I couldn't get any of them to fit. I needed help getting out of them because they are cut way small in the shoulders.

·
Registered
403 Posts
A bit late now, but if you are ever in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, stop by MotoLiberty. I've been helping out up there for over a month now (just part time/weekend stuff), and we have a few of the MotoGP suits in stock all the time. I know the sizing on the MotoGP street gear was a bit off from usual US cuts and sizes (i.e. my usually XL body fit into a XXXL in MotoGP street jackets), but not sure about the fit on their track suits. I can tell you that the MotoGP kangaroo suits are a pretty top quality item. I know two different club racers who wear them and are both extremely pleased with the quality.

·
comrade moderator
27,355 Posts
Very good leathers. A good friend of mine just had a BIG get-off in a set. We were very imnpressed with the level of protection and the crash worthiness.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Isn't MotoGP made by Arlen Ness? I have a Berik jacket, which is made by Arlen Ness and I think it is the European version of the same thing. Great quality leather, great fit, excellent looks (it's Italian designed) and mine is perforated which is a big plus. I haven't crash tested it yet, but I'm as happy with it as my Dainese gear.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looking for Leather?

I have a brand new Dainese, Ducati Corse Jacket, Size 52. Never been used.

Interested? Send me an email or msg...thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have to give the MotoGP Kangaroo suit a big thumbs down. The front zipper seem blew out after wearing the suit about ten times and no I didn't put on any weight. After a big highside get off the suit blew out seams in two other places. I liked the way it fit and the abrasion resistance seems good although my fall was into a dirt runoff area. Broke both feet in the Sidi Vertigo boots though.

Steve
2002 ST4s
1999 996
2002 TZ250
2004 TC450
2005 KLX110

·
Registered
149 Posts
There is a thread on WERA forum about these suits blowing their seams. Worts part is that the back hump peels right off along with the shoulder - exposing your back.

Ask Barnacle Bill - he has seen several coming into his repair shop. He even offer custom reinforcement specifically for MotoGP suit.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I have been on several forums where folks have complained about the MotoGP suits failing at the seams. But, this is all from read materials not firsthand experience. I would defer to those above who have experience with these suits.

·
Registered
149 Posts
steve545 said:
Broke both feet in the Sidi Vertigo boots though.
Yikes! What happened?

I was considering a pair of Vertigo Corsas over the Alpi Supertech becasue so many racers like the Sidi. I think I will get either the Supertech or Speedstar because they have carbon inner support.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Vertigo Corsa's have the hard plastic articulating structure on the inward side of the boot and the side impact on that broke the end of the tibia off. On the other foot the boot impacted outer side and broke the fifth metatarsus. Also broke the hand and some ribs foor good measure. The Sidi's seem like good quality boots and survived the crash well but the design for the type of impact I had seems to be flawed. I guess they can't design them to protect every kind of impact. I have had a couple of nasty spills (racing) in Alpinestars and never had more than some bruising to my feet but my sponsor talked me into the new Sidi's.

Steve
2002 ST4s
1999 996
2002 TZ250
2004 TC450
2005 KLX110

·
Registered
149 Posts
Thanks for the run down Steve. Sounds like a pretty nasty crash that may have resulted in the same injuries regardless on which brand.

The real problem is racing on a 250GP bike...those things are evil :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts