Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
457 Posts
Lorenzo and Stoner crash out of qualifying in the last 2 minutes.

Both were carried away on stretchers...

Stoner walked into his garage 5 minutes later, Lorenzo was wheeled into the medical center, looking very unhappy...
If Lorenzo broke something and Stoner remains sick, there won't be much to keep Rossi from taking another title if he's careful.

·
Registered
698 Posts
FI feel bad for Jorge. Just didn't know when he was ahead.

Makes me think Elias has a chance of a podium, Now that honda have given him two identical chassis he's found some more pace.

·
Registered
207 Posts
*edit* Whoa - both crashed out!

I hope Stoner can regroup and pull it off. Would love to see Nicky in the top 6 but he seems to still not have things sorted. He knows this track VERY well so maybe that will help him. Canepa, jeesh, I don't know, down 2.2 seconds a lap. Surely there has to be somebody that can do better than that. Maybe Ducati should have a track day with all of the Desmosedici RR owners and see who goes fast...Calling Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt...:D:D:D

·
Registered
457 Posts
Sounds like Lorenzo is a bit busted up but will ride anyway.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Hayden 8th. Still only a second off the pace instead of the usual 2. I saw an interview with Edwards saying that since they repaved the track, smoothed the bumps and reworked the corners no one has an advantage anymore

·
Registered
8,154 Posts
spoiler is right, would be surprised to see a good race. Lorenzo took a pretty big hit, Stoner too..........oh well

·
Registered
207 Posts
Thanks for he clip Herbivator. Man, Lorenzo highsides like the old 500cc 2 stroke days. Casey's was pretty brutal as well. I hope they can both race. Rossi standing alone in Parc fermé after QP must have given him a distinct mental advantage. I hope for a good race like last year...

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hopefully once the race starts both Stoner and Lorenzo can dig deep and make a race out of it.
You gotta respect Lorenzo though. He throws it down the road old school!

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
457 Posts
Wow, I didn't see that coming. I can't believe Pedrosa pulled it off. However, Rossi's points lead is steadily increasing.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I would have pick the Pedrosabot to be in the top 4.... but I too and suprised to see him win. More shocking is Hayden's finish!! Has he really found something?? or is this just Hayden going well at Laguna? Either way I think this puts to bed the idea that the bike is a POS.
I was a little dissapointed with Colin Edward... I expected to see him in 5th maybe 6th, But break outs by Hayden and Elias pushed him back.

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Pedrosa winning was amazing, he really came from nowhere and nobody else had the pace he did, so early in the race. As Rossi said in the post race interviews, he was struggling with his bike all weekend and just couldn't find the pace from last year. Rossi was a shoe-in for the race win, but was not confident enough, unlike his compatriot who was a few tenths faster in the final stages of the race.

Hayden did pretty well, but I don't see this race as a turning point. It was great to see him smile again and post race on the motogp live feed, they had a talk with Nicky about what happened and he was overwhelmingly happy, which is great. I just hope he keeps the positive attitude, that alone will get make him faster.

Stoner is staying in California for testing this coming week, so he'll receive treatment to better his condition. Obviously his issues in the race were related to fatigue, he was on pace until about the 1/2 way mark. Right now he's 16 points behind Rossi and last season at this point he was more then 50 points behind, so bravo for Stoner keeping it together.

Press junkets are going on right now, I'm anxious to see what Hayden and Stoner have to say post race.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
255 Posts
Something I always wonder is how Rossi can say he was struggling all weekend while in the top group on the timesheets and it is gospel but if Stoner says exactly the same thing it is whining.
Awesome rides by both Lorenzo and Stoner all things considered. Hats off to Danni for a great race even if he almost gave it away at the end.

·
Registered
8,154 Posts
Something I always wonder is how Rossi can say he was struggling all weekend while in the top group on the timesheets and it is gospel but if Stoner says exactly the same thing it is whining.
Awesome rides by both Lorenzo and Stoner all things considered. Hats off to Danni for a great race even if he almost gave it away at the end.
Agreed. Think that might be the only time I will cheer for Pedrosa (the last lap) and what a gutsy move by Lorenzo considering his injuries and Rossi is his team mate... too bad they can't get him on a Duc. Good ride by Nicky, last race too, so maybe things will come together. Fire Canepa's ass.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts