Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that Honda and Team Fortuna have agreed to sign on The Roman Emperor for a 1 year deal for 2006! Here's a pic below! Enjoy!...O

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Don't make fun of my favorite rider. :)

Max is headed to WSBK. I predict he will win alot in WSBK.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
now if only Ducati had been so smart and offered Sete a deal like that

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
posted by VDuc many hours previously in the Road Racing section!.....but still funny!

·
Registered
299 Posts
That is sooooo cold. :think:

:)

·
Registered
36 Posts
[Max is headed to WSBK. I predict he will win alot in WSBK.]

Not if Troy Baylis has his way on the 999 - in fact there is another Aussie Troy that also might make second place a little difficult - 1st Troy B, 2nd Troy C

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I heard on 2wheel tuesday that matt maladin was doing some WSB testing on the Gsx r 1000. I doubt anything will come of it because he is a wus and wont take on a challenge. Although they did say he was running better times than Troy Corser with some debate over tire choice

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Mladin

kingsnake1650 said:
I heard on 2wheel tuesday that matt maladin was doing some WSB testing on the Gsx r 1000. I doubt anything will come of it because he is a wus and wont take on a challenge. Although they did say he was running better times than Troy Corser with some debate over tire choice
I read a rambling piece on SuperbikePlanet written by Mladin:

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2006/Jan/060122a.htm

He had this to say about the possibility of him moving to WSB or MotoGP (emphasis added):

matmladin said:
I also had an interesting conversation with a lady from the Flammini Group (Flammini run WSB). On Thursday morning a lot of press arrived as there was a press conference scheduled for lunch time. I got to catch up with a few people I hadn't seen in a long time. This particular lady I have seen at Laguna and is high up in the Flammini group I believe, her exact role I am not sure of. I have spoken to her before on occasion.

She approached me about a few things to do with a venue in the United States that maybe they will run a WSB race in the future. My crew chief obviously knows this lady very well also as Pete spent a lot of time in Europe up until the mid 90's. Pete entered the conversation and then the whole line of questioning completely changed. He was asked when is he going to bring me to the WSB series. She continued down the path with "You don't need anymore money, so you should come to WSB". "You have many AMA titles but you will never be a World Champion". You see it was at this point that I realized how many people get caught up in their own self importance.

For all the people that cherish their kids you will understand what I mean when I say things get put into perspective when you have the little buggers and they look into your eyes and without words make you know that all they expect is to be taken care of. When they fall off the bicycle for the first time and just want re-assurance that they will be okay. For the people that don't have kids, I wish for you to experience it one day.

I would have enjoyed the chance to have gone back to GP (not WSB) 5 years ago to give it a shot, but the right opportunity wasn't there. I have had a saying that I repeat to myself frequently these days and have done so for the past few years. "If there is a judge when my time is up, I certainly hope I am not judged by the way I could ride a motorbike and if I am, then I want out". I couldn't care less about what Rossi or Corser do. I will always support the sport, but at this stage in my life, my future interests lay far away from the race track, but that is for another time.

I am 34 years old on March 10 and am completely comfortable with the fact that my shot at being MotoGP World Champ is over. I am also glad that some of the old boys of GP racing are being shipped out for younger guys. The fact that Hopkins and Vermeulen are riding for Suzuki, to me, is exciting and right! Two young guys to push each other, in turn pushing the development of their motorcycle further. Whether or not I think I could beat them if riding that bike is a moot point. I am too old for the development of the class.
Sounds to me like he never had the desire to race WSB, and that while he would've liked to race GP he thinks he's too old for it. If this holds true, I'd expect his career to end the first year he loses the AMA #1 plate. 2006? Maybe.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
sounds to me like he thinks he's to old for a challenge. I have only been following motorcycle racing for about 4 years now. Was there ever a time in Maladin's career that he wanted to step it up and take on the next class?? I dont really have alot of respect for him as a competitor!!! I mean come on what if #69 had never left the AMA... or if Rossi had said the opportunity wasnt right when it came time for him to step up to the GP bikes???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts