Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
The days are getting longer!
8,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Dorna Sports has awarded exclusive Spanish broadcasting rights for MotoGP to online-only streaming service DAZN for the 2019 season.

The move is a significant step away from traditional television for MotoGP given that Spain is one of its biggest markets, hosting four grands prix each year.

London-based company DAZN replaces pay-TV channel Movistar as the exclusive rights-holder of MotoGP in Spain, and will also broadcast the World Superbike Championship and the FIM CEV series as part of its agreement with Dorna.

All sessions of all classes, including the new MotoE category, will be broadcast via the platform during the 2019 season.

The move comes in the wake of Movistar splitting with the factory Yamaha team, which has already revealed Monster as its new title sponsor for next year."

Bein losses its rights this year. Has anyone seen or heard of who might be broadcasting in the USA for 2019? Inquiring minds want to know!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Good question.. I found this link for streaming DAZN in the US.
Not sure about cable/ dish companies carrying it. Like many, I wasn't happy losing BeIn Sports on my cable system.
Hard to believe people still actually have cable TV. Within 5 years there will be no more cable TV, and everything will be delivered via the internet. I cut the cord years ago.

You can get BeIn Sports on Sling TV for $5 a month, available on many devices like Roku or built right into many modern smart TVs.

Cable TV is dead. And so are their packages where you pay a whole lot, and get 150 channels just to get the 2 channels that you watch. Times are changing...

https://flixed.io/watch-bein-sports-without-cable/

·
The days are getting longer!
8,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hard to believe people still actually have cable TV. Within 5 years there will be no more cable TV, and everything will be delivered via the internet. I cut the cord years ago.

You can get BeIn Sports on Sling TV for $5 a month, available on many devices like Roku or built right into many modern smart TVs.

Cable TV is dead. And so are their packages where you pay a whole lot, and get 150 channels just to get the 2 channels that you watch. Times are changing...

https://flixed.io/watch-bein-sports-without-cable/
That sounds disheartening. For those of use that live in rural areas of the county this is not good because we do not have lighting fast capabilities or unlimited band width to watch shows or sports.:frown2:

·
Registered
692 Posts
I have always used the MotoGP app, sure its a bit pricy, but you get maximum coverage of all the classes. with the exchange rate its $22/month.... Compare that to the $75 that NBC is charging for the upcoming Supercross season (which is about 4 months), I would hate to think what NBC would charge for MotoGP.

·
Registered
414 Posts
That sounds disheartening. For those of use that live in rural areas of the county this is not good because we do not have lighting fast capabilities or unlimited band width to watch shows or sports.:frown2:
Satellite TV is going to stick around for people out in the boondocks but options are going to get worse and cost is going to get higher. It does suck. They are working on internet tech for you guys though, keep your hopes up.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I have always used the MotoGP app, sure its a bit pricy, but you get maximum coverage of all the classes. with the exchange rate its $22/month....
I do the same. For a time, I used some bit torrent site that were quite good in that coverage was from the UK, the commentary was phenomenal and there were no commercials.

The problems were that A) it was inconsistent from one race to the next which one was the one that didn't glitch or freeze and B) if you missed the race live, there was no going back to watch it.

I finally just knuckled under and re-subscribed to the MotoGP site. I have the same subscription for WSBK for much the same reason. Between the two, I spend around about $170 -$180 a year. Compared to the fees for Direct TV, that's barely over one months bill.

I will be "cutting the cord" or rather "ditching the dish" this year. My kids are grown and I have no need for the 150 channels of crap I get to be able to watch 2.

Since the death of Speed Vision, then Speed Channel, then Speed I have no need for it. BeIn was supposed to sorta replace Speed for motorcycle racing.....but it did not deliver. This year was the last straw.....sean

Reactions: John

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
It's not cheap but the MotoGP Video pass is fucking awesome. Then of course there is BeIn Sports.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
This was the year ATT U-verse somehow failed to negotiate a deal with whatever entity provided MgP and I got the listing on my recorded programs but no show. Thanks for reminding me to cancel the expensive sports package I never used because it had racing bundled into it. Fuckers.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yeah, I finally dropped the sports package on ATT Uverse after they couldn't come to an agreement with Bein. It sure sounds like MotoGP fans in the US will have to subscribe to the Video Pass. We've got a couple of months to make a decision. I'm not holding my breath assuming that some other provider is going to pick up the MotoGP races.

·
Registered
7,426 Posts
Good question.. I found this link for streaming DAZN in the US.
Not sure about cable/ dish companies carrying it. Like many, I wasn't happy losing BeIn Sports on my cable system.
Totally unrelated: I love your car. Somewhere I have a photo of one with a blown big block Chevy in it from the St. Ignace Mi. Car show years ago.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Another Vote for MotoGP Video Pass

I'm on my 2nd year of using the MotoGP video pass subscription for watching races, and have signed up for '19 too. I can swing the $150 give or take for a whole season, and fortunately I have adequate internet service to make for decent viewing. Being able to watch races live is nice, but just as good is logging in to the "No Spoiler" side of the site that lets me watch races on my own timeframe with the feel of being live. And it has saved me some time with some of the rain delays they had this season past. In addition to the qualifying sessions for each race, rider interviews and other stuff it makes the cost worth it for me.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
I'm on my 2nd year of using the MotoGP video pass subscription for watching races, and have signed up for '19 too. I can swing the $150 give or take for a whole season, and fortunately I have adequate internet service to make for decent viewing. Being able to watch races live is nice, but just as good is logging in to the "No Spoiler" side of the site that lets me watch races on my own timeframe with the feel of being live. And it has saved me some time with some of the rain delays they had this season past. In addition to the qualifying sessions for each race, rider interviews and other stuff it makes the cost worth it for me.
Same here. I plug it into our big screen with an HDMI and it's awesome. I use the NO SPOILER link too but I have to stay off Instagram until I watch the race!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Totally unrelated: I love your car. Somewhere I have a photo of one with a blown big block Chevy in it from the St. Ignace Mi. Car show years ago.
Hey thanks, Duc96cr!! It's a fun little ride. Put a lot of work into restoring it. It's crazy what some people do to Metropolitans! Went to a cruise night once with my stock Met parked next to one with a blown SBC, wheelie bars and a parachute on it! Crazy!

·
Registered
919 Posts
It's not cheap but the MotoGP Video pass is fucking awesome. Then of course there is BeIn Sports.
Have you used any other streaming video app since the year 2000? The MotoGP app is garbage. It can’t even do the basics like pause and rewind like you know...a video player should be able to do. And it’s over $100!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Have you used any other streaming video app since the year 2000? The MotoGP app is garbage. It can’t even do the basics like pause and rewind like you know...a video player should be able to do. And it’s over $100!
I pause, rewind, and fast forward the Motogp video app all the time, never had an issue.

·
Registered
31 Posts
In for more comments. Currently watching WSBK/MotoGP with BeIN on DISH.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hmmmmmmm. According to this site, Dish will still carry BeIN.

MotoAmerica/MotoGP/World Superbike: TV Viewers Lose In beIN SPORTS vs. Comcast And DirecTV Battle

"The network is also suggesting viewers consider changing their TV provider to a service that still offers beIN SPORTS, like Dish Network or Spectrum/Charter Communications, or switch to an over-the-top (OTT) service provider/streaming service like fubo TV or Sling TV. "

Maybe I misunderstood. Sounds like Dish will still offer MotoGP/WSBK through BeIN.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Dish (who also owns SlingTV) will continue to offer BeIN Sports. The real question is if BeIN will retain (aka buy) the broadcast rights for MotoGP going forward. The contract expired at the end of the 2018. Prior to then, BeIN had the MotoGP broadcast rights for the USA, Canada, & Puerto Rico...

·
Registered
692 Posts
its kind of a no win situation...
MotoGP has their direct to consumer subscription.
the networks have to buy the rights and still compete with the Motogp subscription.

the other problem is, most of the races are not shown during primetime viewing in the US, most are very early in the morning, so the TV rating are just not going to be there, so is it worth the networks picking up?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts