Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 104 Posts

·
Come in Spinner :)
7,547 Posts
I saw that American MOTO2 rider Joe Roberts was on a KTM in Italy at the recent MGP event. Took 16th I believe. I've seen Joe race before, back when he was on a Yamaha R6 ... he's a very talented rider. I couldn't help but wonder if he were on a more competitive machine would he do better in M3?

There''s a whole field of very talented riders in Moto3

Reactions: xracer

·
Premium Member
5,092 Posts
There''s a whole field of very talented riders in Moto3
I ask myself so often to what attracts me an so many others to watch MotoGP when we really only see one or to half decent races when the kids in the lowest class give us action every corner of every race. Six to eight riders swapping paint down to the last corner.

·
7,547 Posts
Fucking idiot Pit Beirer trying to explain the reasons Zarco “left” KTM. Really Pit?? Don’t like hearing the truth that the KTM is a shit bike and is a shit team? When a top three MotoGP rider and moto2 champ can’t get your piece of shit in the top five and you won’t do anything to fix it then you don’t deserve a top rider. Fuckwit.
If you think that was bad, have a read of this bucket of shit he just poured on Zarco.

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/929583/1/ktm-johann-put-so-much-stress-himself

Reactions: xracer

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I ask myself so often to what attracts me an so many others to watch MotoGP when we really only see one or to half decent races when the kids in the lowest class give us action every corner of every race. Six to eight riders swapping paint down to the last corner.
That last race had so many lead changes I lost count. Not to mention the number of insane highsides. When those 250s flip, they really flip!

I've got the entire event (Aragon) set up for recording .... and M3/M2 also set up as their own recording. For whatever reasons, all three classes are shown in one long four hour showing, and then each class is then shown again on their own time slots.

I haven't been this excited about televised road racing for a very long time!

:grin2: :grin2: :grin2: :grin2: :grin2:

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I saw that American MOTO2 rider Joe Roberts was on a KTM in Italy at the recent MGP event. Took 16th I believe. I've seen Joe race before, back when he was on a Yamaha R6 ... he's a very talented rider. I couldn't help but wonder if he were on a more competitive machine would he do better in M3?
I've seen Joe Roberts in person, not 3 feet away from me, track side @ Laguna Seca. He's too big for a Moto3 bike really. Moto3 riders are mostly horse jockey sized adults and teens who haven't yet hit their growth spurt. Fabio DiGianantonio who finished 2nd in the last Moto2 race was too big for them last year and he isn't a large individual.

Joe Roberts would be in a far different place had the team not chosen the KTM for this year. The struggles of all the KTM equipped teams is well documented. They were really close to the top last year....this year, with the engine change they've been mostly nowhere. Brad Binder aside anyway. No one else has been close to what he's done and not crashed out.

Just watched qualifying.....seems the same old story really. MotoGP, Marquez and no one else anywhere even in the same post code. Moto2, Marquez ahead but not nearly by the same margin. A few riders close, and close enough that there should be a battle for the front tomorrow. Times close, within a half second all the way back to 12th or 13th.

Moto3....different look to qualifying and most probably the front group tomorrow. Canet took pole by 8 tenths. No one even remotely close there. That said, the back straight is loooong and with a slipstream, the lead group could look dramatically different. I don't think he'll run away with it....but .8 of a second is a country mile in Moto3 so who knows?

Should be a good race tomorrow....in at least one class at any rate.....sean

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I've seen Joe Roberts in person, not 3 feet away from me, track side @ Laguna Seca. He's too big for a Moto3 bike really. Moto3 riders are mostly horse jockey sized adults and teens who haven't yet hit their growth spurt.
When I first saw Joe Roberts at Laguna Seca in the Superstock class he was 5'6" .... over one summer he sprouted up to 6'. At his present height he may be best off racing Motocross!

:laugh:

Those long-legged ones do well on MX bikes, the seat doesn't smack them in the ass over the rough stuff.

:grin2:

·
7,547 Posts
Fucking idiot Pit Beirer trying to explain the reasons Zarco “left” KTM. Really Pit?? Don’t like hearing the truth that the KTM is a shit bike and is a shit team? When a top three MotoGP rider and moto2 champ can’t get your piece of shit in the top five and you won’t do anything to fix it then you don’t deserve a top rider. Fuckwit.

Karma has a nasty habit of biting you on the arse.
Pol Escargarao broke his arm yesterday so KTM are down to just one rider, Mika Kallio seeing as Pedrosa refused to race it for them.

Kallio qualified 19th, one place ahead of Lorenzo in 20th (you'd think Jorge would have come to the logical conclusion by now?)

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Vale, Jack and Al on the second row, I'm happy and Jack the top duc. It's going to be a great race. Dovi will have to work, should make it interesting. I just hope Jlo doesn't get a good start and knock him off. Again. Not sure if Rins will do any good from the third row though. Shame about Pol.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
its going to be an interesting race for sure based on where everyone is on the starting grid.

No doubt Jack and Fabio are going for the lead on the first corner... recent history has indicated that Maverick will struggle at some point early in the race... how long will the Aprilia last in the top 5... wouldn't count Dovi out of a top 5, he will need a good start, but that is entirely possible.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
MM will probably be on harder compound tires, while miller and Fabio might opt for softer, which will make for a very exciting first corner.

·
Registered
712 Posts
MM and Fabio will knock other off and Miller will win it :wink2:
I hope so....

Someone needs to take it to MM....

Interesting that apparently Vinales is looking to leave Yamaha at the end of next year, should give him just enough time to completely stagnate any development. He's supposed to be their future, they try to develop the thing around him and he won't use any of the new parts. He may be fast but he's crap at development and feedback, he sacked his previous engineer and despite the fact that they have improved the electronics they're still a mile behind Ducati and Honda, the Suzuki is progressing faster with way less resources and much less experienced riders.

Zarco went well on it, he should get another go but there's too many fast guys coming through the ranks from moto2/3, he's not going to do any good on the Honda either, Lorenzo may be struggling but you don't forget how to ride in a year and going from pole to 20th is a lot more than confidence or set up, the Honda is engineered around MM and it's a struggle for anyone else to use it, Crutchlow is constantly whining about it, and isn't that why they hired Lorenzo anyway? to add a seperate development stream to make it more friendly to "conventional" riders?

I wonder if Zarco will get a recall with Espargaro out with a busted wing? KTM is in deep shit now.....

·
Registered
712 Posts
If you think that was bad, have a read of this bucket of shit he just poured on Zarco.

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/929583/1/ktm-johann-put-so-much-stress-himself

I dunno, I thought Beirer' statement was fine, when Zarco spoke publicly about how poor the bike was that was the beginning of the end for him, it's all on display out on the racetrack anyway, let people see what's going on and infer from that what they want, rubbishing the bike, and therefore the team and their efforts publicly is not on. I'd say the whole team was frustrated but there wasn't engineers moaning publicly that Zarco was a bad rider, he may be the star as the rider but it's a team sport, win or lose, its as a team....

·
Premium Member
5,092 Posts
Team sport. Such a pity his team didn’t support him in what he needed. You don’t have to look far to see which side of the “team” was and still is lacking.

·
7,547 Posts
It says a lot that Pedrosa flat out refused to ride it even as a wildcard.

21 - 40 of 104 Posts