Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

motogp and the ducati tent

695 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Satansfist 
#1 ·
Hi anyone going down to the Ducati tent for the AUS motogp?

If so can i tag along (at my expense) on their rego and vin details as I have not got my new Ducati yet

Apologies if this sounds worse than it is.:)

#2 ·
I will be riding over to the MotoGP with about 5 other guys mostly on Dukes and will be definitely visiting the Ducati tent with a view to grabbing some bargains. I am not sure what you mean by the rego and VIN details though and why you would need these? :think:

#4 ·
OK, that explains it - thanks Rod. Are you going? Let me know and I will PM you my mobile number so we can catch up.

#5 ·
apologies if that sounded like a weird request.

the reason you need vin info is to book a place and prove who you are.

If you go withsome who has the proof of purchase as their guest (at my cost) you don't need to prove you own a ducati.

Again sorry if there was confusion.

#6 ·
Hey guys...

I walked past the Ducati tent a few times on the weekend, could someone who was there shed some light on the costs, what you get, was it worth the cash etc, It would be good to hear it from the horses mouth so to speak and not the add spiel......

#8 ·
For $750.00 you got:

Admission to the circuit.
Pitwalks (but no general paddock access)
Morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea (more food than you could eat)
Barista - so Latte's a go go!:D
Soft drinks and water
a t-shirt, cap, sun block and program and a little radio
shelter from the elements
Visit from the riders on Sunday
and Troy Bayliss too, on the odd occasion
TV screens
Grandstand seat

Is it worth it? I spoke to some friends who normally do it, but this year decided not, they realised they had made a horrid mistake and managed to get in for Sunday. I can only think standing all day Friday and Saturday because the ground was too wet to sit on would have been tiring. Yes, I am a sook, but we like our creature comforts.:D

I have also done the Champions Club at Turn 4. We were treated to this one year by my best friend. I don't reckon its worth the extra money, you can drink after you get back to your accommodation - I don't personally feel the need to do it all day. Although I did pop out occasionally and had a cleansing ale, but that was the only money we spent apart from in the expo and the food you get in the Champions Clubs, Ducati tent etc is much better than hot dogs and donuts and the other over priced rubbish. In fact there is so much food I don't eat dinner on Friday, Saturday or Sunday nights.

I reckon its worth it. One bloke I spoke to from Queensland said he wouldn't attend at all unless he could afford to be in the Tent.

#7 · (Edited)
I can't comment on the Ducati tent Pete, but I can on the Champions Club at Turn 4. It was $995 and was fully inclusive of meals (morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea) with unlimited beer/wine/champagne/soft drinks. The meals were sensational and the beer selection was ok. There were tables inside should it have rained, with a couple of plasma screens to watch. Outside there was a cordoned off area and the view was sensational.

Would I book it again? Not sure yet. Cost was a tad high so I will investigate other options next year. A mate booked this so it was easy to tag along. I guess a huge advantage would have been if it had rained as we would have been extremely comfortable. As it was, I spent most of the time outside, so a good grandstand would have given similar views, albeit of a different part of the track.

Update: From reading post below, I'd probably consider that next year, although the view at Champions gave you turn 1 in distance, turn 3, turn 4 and the start of turn 5. Not sure what you could see from Ducati grandstand apart from the straight and perhaps turn 4 in the distance. Keen to hear as I like the thought of saving money. Almost forgot, Champions didn't include pit walk although we negotiated a Friday walk, but it did include unlimited general paddock access for the Superbike, Superstock and Classics which was pretty cool.

#9 ·
In 2005 three friends and I went the whole hog and did the pit-roof deal, I think it was about $1000 at the time and much the same deal as the Champions Club but hanging off the balcony over pit-lane with two free pit lane strolls a day and all the booze and food you could handle. We booked a house for a week leading up to the weekend and so could see Cowes transform as the circus rolled into town.

I'll have to do it again some time but work has kept me interstate the last few years.:(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.