Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mexican Ducatista
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that I could have placed this on the COVID-19 thread. But I think it deserves it's own.

Assen was the only track where Grand Prix races took place since the series started in 1949.
With its cancelation, a 75 year run comes to an end. Reading the news felt like a punch in the stomach.
Although I am used to wake up early in the morning to watch every MotoGP race, I have never attended a GP. This year I decided to go before Rossi retired. Had my General Admission tickets for COTA and flight tickets purchased early this year.

I kept hoping to attend, even when things started to fall apart with COVID-19 and the US Grand Prix was re-scheduled to November. But now, after hearing the news about more GP cancelations including Assen, and other sports news (French Football season officially declared finished, Olympics at Tokio might not take place even in 2121); I start to realize that none of us will be able to attend a MotoGP race in a long time.

I might be frivolous thinking about watching races while people are dying and the economy is crashing. But I am really sad now. I feel like this is the only place where I can talk about it.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Well, Luckily, Rossi has said he will race next year, there's still hope for you to attend one of his races!

·
Registered
414 Posts
That article and this post topic is a little misleading, almost like MotoGP is going away completely. No worries everyone, this will pass and it will be back next year.

And I assure you I will celebrate by watching the boys race from the Circuit of the Americas Tower.

·
Mexican Ducatista
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That article and this post topic is a little misleading, almost like MotoGP is going away completely. No worries everyone, this will pass and it will be back next year.
Right!
I understand that it is not going away completely.
It is the “untinterrupted run” what ends. [/QUOTE]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts