Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while ago I posted a thread on hooking up a Motogadget dash to our bikes, and I have had a bit of interest from the forum on purchasing the module that I developed, see:

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/77-sport-classic/134558-frontal-lobotomy-k-installing-motogadget-dashboard.html

I have signed up as a Grass Roots Vendor to try and get this project up off the ground.

I have also been able to get access to a Sport1000 recently and get some details on hoow the existing gauges mount and the play around with ideas for a mount for the Motogadget dash.

I have attached 3 ideas for a bracket, as well a photo of the bike where the dash would mount. In the bracket designs, the line with two bumps in it is the top triple tree and the two bumps is what the existing headlight and gauge bracket mounts onto. Note that the bracket is also mounting a pushbutton switch to control the dash (similar to the two buttons on the original dash).

I'd like you feel back on what design you like or suggestions for other designs.

I am chasing up a indicative price for the bracket at the moment and will hopefully have something very soon.

I am looking to sell the electronic module for $200 (Australian).

I have started a web page and getting all the details put up there. It is in a very draft form at the moment, but I will keep updating it and answering any questions anyone might have:

https://sites.google.com/site/ducatisport1000s/home/motogadget-project

Cheers

Rob

Attachments

·
Premium Member
981 Posts
I think the middle one looks best, 2nd place the one on the right.

FYI that Sport1000 you have there, has gauge lowering brackets already installed. Not OEM apples to apples if that is what you are looking for?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Not in the market but #3 is minimal and puts more emphasis on the gauge.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the middle one looks best, 2nd place the one on the right.

FYI that Sport1000 you have there, has gauge lowering brackets already installed. Not OEM apples to apples if that is what you are looking for?
No, it won't be using the gauge lowering brackets that are in the photo.

I think it will require spacers to bring the bracket up to the same height as the triple tree, and if this is the case, the spacers would be supplied with the bracket.

The next stage is to do some mockups to see what works.

My thoughts are to only provide the bracket in a silver anodised finish so it blends in with the triple tree.

Rob

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Great to hear! I love the bracket designs, do they angle the gauge up at the top, facing it towards the rider a little?

I cant decide between 2nd and 3rd yet...

·
Premium Member
981 Posts
Great to hear! I love the bracket designs, do they angle the gauge up at the top, facing it towards the rider a little?

I cant decide between 2nd and 3rd yet...
First is too modern for the SC (IMHO). Third is too classic, which is great, BUT you are adding something that is completely modern, so I think #2 is a mix of both and complements the fact that you are adding modern technology to a classic bike. But yes, I think at the end of the day, either would look real nice.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Prototype

I have played around with a prototype mounting bracket, and sticking a picture of the Motogadget dash on it.

I was able to borrow some parts that I could measure off, and these show the mounting points and what we have to work with.

Let me know what you think.

Rob

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
uff, that is awsome ... for me it would be also better for models without front dome. Maybe it will be very free space where the original gauge is mounted if you use it for a sport 1000s, more pictures will be great to check that.

Great work.
Sorry, I should have explained that the design is for the Sport 1000 or the GT, NOT for the 1000S.

I have a 1000S, but I wanted to show what it looked like with handlebards and brake levers etc.

Rob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts