Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The CF front fender on my '95 900SSsp is looking pretty tired, so I'm looking to buy a new replacement - carbon fiber technology seems to have come a long way since then. Has anyone purchased from MotoComposites.com, and if so, how's the quality of their products? Any other recommended sources for quality CF bodywork?

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
Yes. It’s the same “made in China” crap that everyone else sells under their own name. You know who they are.

They are no where near the quality of the old Ducati OEM stuff. Just refinish what you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
391 Posts
Yes. It’s the same “made in China” crap that everyone else sells under their own name. You know who they are.

They are no where near the quality of the old Ducati OEM stuff. Just refinish what you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I have a few of their pieces on my bike and am happy with the quality and customer service. I had a fitment issue on one part and it was quickly taken care of. My Multi had many parts from MS Production, the manufacturer of DP parts, and their quality was excellent but I am not sure if they are still available in North America.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
I bought them for my wife’s Monster. They fine for what they are. A little bit of bling factor. The only issue I had was the side panels did not fit correctly and had to be trimmed. Everything else I have purchased (hugger, chain guard, small stuff) has been great. They are not DP, but that is okay for our purpose.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Got all my carbon bits from RSR Moto and have been satisfied with the quality, fit and finish of the products.

I have heel guards, clutch cover, front sprocket cover, rear mud and chain guard from them. All good stuff.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I purchased a windscreen from Motocomposites, half fiberglass/half carbon. The fit wasn't on par. It rubbed on the bodywork on one side. The finish on the rear side of the screen isn't good either (the carbon half). The front doesn't look too bad. I wouldn't recommend them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts