Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I posted a couple weeks ago I had a truck run into me in Ithaca... it didn't do TOO much damage but enough that I had to replace a few parts (right hand guard, right black trim piece, and the tank cover and right radiator cover need to be repainted). So I used it as an excuse to buy some CF farkles. I found Motocomposites and their prices were very good (comapared to DP) so I figured WTH and gave them a try. Here's a quick video with everything installed to show what they do well and what they struggle a bit with.

The CF itself is very nice, smooth matte finish with no pinholes. The only thing they seem to struggle a bit with is dimensions and detail. In this vid you can see the tail section looks good but doesn't quite match the bottom plastic part in the back. The rear mud guard fits and looks great but has a SLIGHT misalignment with the bit that extends down to the top of the swingarm. The chain guard fits fine no issues there. The front sprocket guard lacks fine detail but otherwise fits well, the handguard tops fit well but not quite as tight with the silver part of the handguard as the stock parts. The black trim pieces fit perfect. Overall the issues are minor considering the parts cost about half what the DP or other premium parts would cost. Overall I'm happy, still need the front wheel fender/mud guard but that'll have to wait until the fairing pieces are painted and I see how things look.

You might have to wait a bit for the HD versions to finish processing - the SD versions look like crap.

Reactions: Gadgetech

·
Premium Member
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought the DP screen used so paid about the same as the Motocomposites version... but yea big price differences.

·
Registered
2019 Multistrada PP
108 Posts
I installed a carbon screen from motocomposites on my '15 DVT and found the fitment to be off. krazyjohnny's spacers fixed that problem for me as well as the head buffer.

·
Registered
887 Posts
They are based in Quebec but it's Chinese stuff.

I prefer carbonworld wich is German made and not much more expensive.

·
Premium Member
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I'd be cautious about using them for items that require tight fit... for instance I don't think I'll use them for the front fender.

Having said that... their CF is a step up from the typical ebay Chinese CF (that is such poor quality it can't take paint without work). In hindsight I'd not have gotten their front sprocket cover or their tail because of the lack of detail and lack of fitment... but all the other parts are decent.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
I have purchased Motocomposite parts for my wife’s Monster 620. Bestem parts for my 996. Motocomposites hasn’t been perfect. The Monster front fender was not correct, and the tire would rub. The customer service is good though. They sent me a new one once I gave them the video of the destruction of the old CF one. Kudos for the customer service. The second one they sent is better - doesn’t rub the tire, but still does not quite fit as well as the original. Additionally, I have had to trim a portion of the side fairing pieces to get them to fit ( that go underneath the seat). Kind of like they expect Monster 900 pieces to fit all variants. I have had no issues with Bestem for my 996’s CF heal guards, exhaust guard, and chain guard (with wheel fender). I have purchased a CF air box that appears to be made by Bestem (CF matches exactly) from a forum member. Very pleased with it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have used both Bestem and Tekarbon for the carbon fiber on my 748 and have great success with both their products. Both companies offer great customer service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts