Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
18,027 Posts
If that happens it’s well worth it, but I’m going to be going pretty slow. :)

They don’t have any stupid restrictions on passing in the beginner class do they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Sophomore Member
2,572 Posts
The first two sessions we are broken into groups with ~5 riders per coach. No passing. Your group will go as slow as the slowest rider. The quicker groups will overtake the slower groups. These two sessions are familiarizing the riders with the track- lines, brake points, turn in points, etc. The speed will also increase throughout the 2 sessions. The third session will start out in groups and they will start to release people. 2 laps behind the coach and then he will release people one at a time, follow a couple corners, release the next, etc. Once released, go play. Inevitably, somebody will crash in the first corner after getting released. Passing rules in novice are only pass on the outside and maintain 6 ft. Squirting up the inside on corner exit is fine. Just don't try to go up the inside of somebody on corner entry or mid corner. Most of my passing there is from getting a good drive out of a corner and slipping past them right on corner exit. I find that it also helps if you scream POWER like Jeremy Clarkson.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
18,027 Posts
I’m not crazy about having to follow a group around put-putting but it is what it is and probably a good idea for me.

If I did both days would I not have to do that the second day?

I’ve got new Michelin PP3 on the stock wheels that I could use on the first day and switch to the wheels with the Supercorsa the second. Just brain storming. I’m not sure I could physically do two days though.

By the way, they don’t have any restrictions on CF wheels do they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
The folks at the Alabama Desmo Owners club tent were great! Super friendly and welcoming.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

21 - 29 of 29 Posts