Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Sophomore Member
3,192 Posts
I'll be there! I'll arrive Friday mid day and leave Sunday evening. I'm camping. Hopefully we can get @Dukerdr there too.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
I’d go but that’s the only week in September I’ll be home. The rest of the month I’ll be up around The Gap. Poor me. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Sophomore Member
3,192 Posts
Gone every other weekend. Why mess up a good thing? Come on out to Vintage, at least if you can't make MotoAmerica.

·
19,081 Posts
Man. I need some time to shower, do laundry, and change tires. :)

I know I’m getting too old for this shit but sometime I’d like to come up for a track day at Tally before I really am too old. :)

·
Sophomore Member
3,192 Posts
I know I’m getting too old for this shit but sometime I’d like to come up for a track day at Tally before I really am too old. :)
I'm thinking about going to Lil Tally either 9/15 or 9/16. I don't know when you are traveling, but if you could make that part of your ingress or egress, you should. I'll sign up for novice and ride with you if you do.

·
19,081 Posts
What bike prep do they require?

·
19,081 Posts
Wow. That’s almost too easy. I would definitely want to run novice. It’s only been like 35 years since I was last on a track. :)

That’s the weekend I’ll be coming back from Hunt’s Lodge. The timing would be perfect.

Hummmmmm. :)

·
Sophomore Member
3,192 Posts
I'll swing by and say hello. Or if you see me first. I'll be on my 900SS in this picture.

Come on Mike! Its a lot of fun. Little Tally is great. Which bike would you run? Please say Monster. The 690 would be a lot of fun there as well.

·
19,081 Posts
I’ll be trailering the Monster and the 990SMT to the mountains so it would be the Monster.

I’m giving it some serious thought. It would be a fun get together for sure.

Now where did I put those dang knee sliders . Probably in the same place as my chain tool.

·
Sophomore Member
3,192 Posts
That Monster will be perfect for Little Tally given how short and tight of a track it is.

Admit it- you've always wanted to go to Talladega so you could go fast and turn left!

·
19,081 Posts
I’ve been studying the track map and watching GoPro videos made on the track. That one right hand turn looks like the hardest turn on the track to get right (correct). :)

·
19,081 Posts
I know they say it’s not necessary for the beginner class but I think for the main oil related parts it’s a good idea to secure them just to be safe. But you know on the Ducati’s we have these big recessed Allen nuts for the oil drain. What do you do about them? Silicone?

·
Sophomore Member
3,192 Posts
The right hander (T3) at Little Tally is one of the toughest corners in the southeast. There are several lines coming out of 2 that set you up differently for 3. The Disalvo line through 3 is to run it really tight. I can't seem to make that way work for me. I hang out way wide and then slam it down at the last second. I still suck at that corner.

The carousel is a little bit tricky because the first 2/3 of it is crowned. The inside lane is slightly cambered in favor. The outside lane is cambered the wrong way. There are a few lines for the latter part of the corner, but one line in particular to get the best drive. It will also set you up to zing underneath people on the exit for a pass if they took a tighter line (which most in novice do).

For the drain bolt on my SS, it has been replaced with a regular hex head so it can be safety wired. The recessed allen is clean, but not necessary. My Hyper still has the original allens. I did RTV it.

·
19,081 Posts
We need to retitle this thread to the Ducati.ms Lil Tally Track Day.

Ok, I ordered a drilled standard hex drain plug for the oil. Wheel weights are taped. All I’ll have to do after riding The Gap is pull the signals and mirrors, disconnect and tape the head and tail light lenses.

I started training yesterday. No more alcohol, beer, or sex until after I get back. Ok, if I can make two out of three I’m good. It’s going to be tuff doing Sodom with no alcohol. But a few beers might get me through it.

I think Chuck Pilot and The Lumux might also attend. Maybe.

I’m excited about this. It’s been a loooooooong time.

·
Sophomore Member
3,192 Posts
YES! This is going to be great. Just don't expect to go home with tires at the end of the day.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts