Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Duc ... Duc ... GOOSE!
1,928 Posts
It'll be interesting to see how harshly the new "no cat" provision is enforced and in what areas.

Hopefully LEOs won't pull you over just to check, but I have no problem with them piling on once they've already got me for another, more serious infraction. :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Here in Texas they only do a safety check on motorcycles, but shop owners are already speculating that an original emmissions equiptment check may be on the way.
I do my bit and comply with state requires for my car and bikes, but when I see so many cars driving around that have smoking exhausts and bald tires and are obviously unfit for the road and have shiny new emmisions/safety stickers in the window given to them by paid off emmissions inspectors. I am not really irrate at the owners as much as I am at the state for implementing something then not regulating it properly...makes me think its just a money maker for the state. I do give texas credit for having an online website to annonomosly turn in license plates of smoking vehicles.

·
booyakasha!
916 Posts
It'll be interesting to see how harshly the new "no cat" provision is enforced and in what areas.

Hopefully LEOs won't pull you over just to check, but I have no problem with them piling on once they've already got me for another, more serious infraction. :)
What would be really interesting is how to prove your bike never came with an CAT like the SportClassics.

·
unM0derator
2,853 Posts
Ducati lists the SC line as Euro3 (via closed loop), but no mention of if there is a converter. The ST3 got to Euro3 without a converter.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Didn't the stock SC bikes have the cat(s) in the muffler itself?
That was my understanding with my GT. The stock cans weighed a ton!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Trick would be to get your old cat, gut it and weld it back around and over the new headers (if you have them), looks like it is there so it must be :D

... more than one way to skin a cat ... literally :alien:

·
Registered
862 Posts
Trick would be to get your old cat, gut it and weld it back around and over the new headers (if you have them), looks like it is there so it must be :D

... more than one way to skin a cat ... literally :alien:
I currently have a gutted cat, so that is why I am glad it is a visual instead of actual testing. Though my exhaust does smell like a burning oil field so that might even fail a visual.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts