Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Nice Job!! How do you put a frame back together and engine after having it T-boned? Just curious. I'm guessing some serious laser aligning.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
frame

Nice Job!! How do you put a frame back together and engine after having it T-boned? Just curious. I'm guessing some serious laser aligning.
Hi
it actually snapped the swingarm in half and bent the rear subframe about 30 degrees at the 4 attachment points the frame was straight just needed to bend the four mounting points straight

The main frame was not bent at all!!! Although the left alternator cover got smashed. And the exhausts. after replacing it started right up.. Lucky me.

I had a Ducati engineer realign the rear chassis and then switched it to a monoframe.

A lot of work by me from my wheel chair!!!

Nico

·
Registered
47 Posts
It really looks like it's out of the factory.
Really fine attention to details.
A question though, wasen't there a desomsedici motogp replica bodywork for the 916-996 to by from england a couple of years back?
Best regards
/Pelle

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Nick,

Congrats to you for dedication and craftsmanship. What a cool bike. Heal well and have fun. We're looking forward to some action shots soon.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Nice !! how much you spent for re-built the bike, if you dont mind answer. thanks

·
Registered
151 Posts
Wow!!

21 - 40 of 63 Posts