Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a joke, Stoner is injured, can't ride to normal lean angles, but still out qualifies Flossi.

Hope it's a good race.

Craig

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I figured I did the last one so I'd let someone else do it.:D I think Stoner could go faster even with his ankle but he can't chance an off. His Doc said he really shouldn't ride yet. I predict him taking a 4th or 5th finish.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I figured I did the last one so I'd let someone else do it.:D I think Stoner could go faster even with his ankle but he can't chance an off. His Doc said he really shouldn't ride yet. I predict him taking a 4th or 5th finish.
Well, that works. HRC doesn't really want him finishing ahead of Pedrosa anyway. Dani should be praying Casey's ankle still hurts at Phillip Island, 'cause I doubt Stoner otherwise will hold back there, and Dani needs to win every race.

Even though Pedrosa's been a changed rider this year; adding more consistency to the speed he's always shown, I predict he'll falter under the intense pressure and go down while pushing hard for the win this weekend. Lorenzo is riding like he-will-not-be-denied, anyway.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
QP Results:

Pos. Rider Team Bike Time

1 Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha M1 1:44.969
2 Dani Pedrosa Repsol Honda Team Honda RC213V 1:45.215
3 Cal Crutchlow Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha M1 1:45.257
4 Ben Spies Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha M1 1:45.336
5 Alvaro Bautista Honda Gresini Honda RC213V 1:45.481
6 Andrea Dovizioso Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha M1 1:45.612
7 Casey Stoner Repsol Honda Team Honda RC213V 1:45.745
8 Stefan Bradl LCR Honda MotoGP Honda RC213V 1:45.848
9 Valentino Rossi Marlboro Ducati Team Ducati GP12 1:45.976
10 Nicky Hayden Marlboro Ducati Team Ducati GP12 1:46.461
11 Katsu Nakasuga Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha M1 1:46.780
12 Hector Barbera Pramac Racing Team Ducati GP12 1:46.881
13 Aleix Espargaro Power Electronics Aspar ART 1:47.383
14 Randy De Puniet Aspar Team MotoGP ART 1:47.581
15 Karel Abraham Cardion AB Motoracing Ducati GP12 1:47.791
16 Colin Edwards Forward Racing Suter 1:48.125
17 Yonny Hernandez BQR BQR-FTR 1:48.513
18 Michele Pirro Honda Gresini FTR 1:48.653
19 Danilo Petrucci Ioda Racing Project Ioda 1:48.831
20 James Ellison Paul Bird Racing ART 1:49.023

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
What a joke, Stoner is injured, can't ride to normal lean angles, but still out qualifies Flossi.
Well, considering the Ducati is pretty much a CRT bike anyhow... No surprise...

Should be a good race this weekend, and we will see how Stoner''s ankle feels at the end of the race... Push too hard and miss P.I.....

Impressed with Cal... Since he signed and sorted '13 out, he has been doing much better.

·
Castle Anthrax
203 Posts
Let's see......finishing order?

DP
Lorentho
Dovi or Cal or off
Cal or Dovi or off
Bradl? 'bout time for podium
CS? wild card....but long shot first if he gets the adrenaline pumpin'
maybe Spies up there unless he gets hit by an asteroid
Turnip truck parade (NH fracture guy beats VR)

AB?

Cardion boy? Who knows.

oh and some of those WSBK, I mean CRT guys.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I'd like to see Pedrosa win, but the chatter is pretty darn visible on his bike... And Jorge was in butter mode... And tomorrow, Jorge will bring the hammer.

Jorge..
Pedrosa...
And Cal and Stoner duel for third... With Stoner beating him on the last lap... But needing help off of his bike...

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
You know what I speak of Chuck...

And today, going out like that in the last couple of minutes for the QP was fun to watch... Jorge can sure bring it when he needs to it seems.. Actually the QP's have been pretty darn good for the last ten minutes of almost every round this year in GP...
Almost more entertaining than the races at times.

Tomorrow... The hammer falls... And the Honda's
, at least I hope... Can keep up.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Race Results:

Pos. Name Team Gap

1 PEDROSA D.Repsol Honda TeamLap 24
2 LORENZO J.Yamaha Factory Racing+4.275
3 BAUTISTA A.San Carlo Honda Gresini+6.752
4 DOVIZIOSO A.Monster Yamaha Tech 3+16.397
5 STONER C.Repsol Honda Team+20.566
6 BRADL S.LCR Honda MotoGP+24.567
7 ROSSI V.Ducati Team+26.072
8 HAYDEN N.Ducati Team+36.724
9 NAKASUGA K.Yamaha YSP Racing Team+36.794
10 BARBERA H.Pramac Racing Team+1:10.729
11 ABRAHAM K.Cardion AB Motoracing+1:15.658
12 ESPARGARO A.Power Electronics Aspar+1:22.769
13 EDWARDS C.NGM Mobile Forward Racing+1:24.968

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Now I'm really thinking Ben Spies should get the hell out of MotoGP. His luck is now rubbing off onto riders such as Cal Crutchlow. ;)

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Now I'm really thinking Ben Spies should get the hell out of MotoGP. His luck is now rubbing off onto riders such as Cal Crutchlow. ;)
Spies confidence must be shot to pieces.
When was the last time that he had a drama / fuck-up free 3 days of a race meeting ?

NOBODY at that level of racing can have THAT much "Bad luck" ,,,, unless there are other factors involved.

I can't imagine that Yamaha would be sending him out on inferior equipment.
There have been soooooo many incidents that it's got to be mostly between Ben's ears.

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Pedrosa is now only 28 points behind Lorenzo, with 75 points still up for grabs.
A DNF for Pedrosa clinches the title for Lorenzo.
If Pedrosa wins the next 3, and Lorenzo finishes second each time, JL wins by 13 points.
If JL has a DNF and DP wins 2 and podiums the other, Pedro wins.

The Wild Card is Stoner.
Motegi has a lot of RH corners, which are not kind to Stoner's current injury.
The final 3 rounds are on predominently LH tracks. With of course Phillip Island thrown in, which I'm sure will see Stoner on the Podium (possibly the top step, which carves up the remaining points to 20 & 18 for second and third between JL & DP.

The current position is the best that Pedrosa has been in at this end of the season. To which he is riding with new found confidence and aggression.

The chase for this season's title holds more interest than many previous years.

My fingers are crossed for Pedrosa. I think he deserves a good break after so many years of being in right there, but not all the way up there.

I sincerly hope that the championship is decided cleanly and without controversy.

The next round is at Sepang.
I hope there is nothing like a repetition of last year.

·
Castle Anthrax
203 Posts
BS seems to have gone one step too far. Should have stayed at WSBK and done multiple championships. WTF?

??????????????????????

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
BS seems to have gone one step too far. Should have stayed at WSBK and done multiple championships. WTF?

??????????????????????
I've been saying for over 2 months now he should back to WSBK. He will get a top ride and probably fight for the podium and possible win every weekend. He sure would be happier than he is now or will be next year on a second string Duc.

·
Premium Member
6,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'd like to see Pedrosa win, but the chatter is pretty darn visible on his bike... And Jorge was in butter mode... And tomorrow, Jorge will bring the hammer.

Jorge..
Pedrosa...
And Cal and Stoner duel for third... With Stoner beating him on the last lap... But needing help off of his bike...
On Pedrosa's victory lap he did a wheelie up the main straight with the back wheel pogoing like mad, it looked impossible!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts