Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just tried out the moto gara dampers on my sport 1000 s and they are pretty good quality. 16 way adjustable. anyone else get one yet? what are your thoughts?

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Yeah, I already reported him as questionable, but I haven't absolutely given up on the possibility that he might be a genuine poster.

Thank goodness we got the button back!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
John Harris is in Los Angeles. I only bought 1 from him. He is working with another guy on developing these dampers. I just was interested to know if anyone else in the area picked one up from him.
Don't let the major get you down. He is just sick of spam. Nice dampener. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the welcome. I have been more of a spectator than a poster. But I was a bit skeptical about the new part and just wanted some input from others.

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Hi Tomb, welcome to the site. Don't let Major get you down, there are a lot of great guys on this site.

Tell me more about the damper. What difference did it make compared to the stock damper?

John

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Sorry, Tomb. You're rather cryptic response just looked a little bit like some of the fake members we've had sign up just to advertise something, especially with no personal or location information. Your latest posts make it clear that's not the case.

As I said, I only reported it as "questionable." Glad I was right to not give up hope you were real. :D

Oh, and that's the first I've seen of that damper on this site, or anywhere else. I don't know if you're gonna get any feedback about it here. You may be Guinea Pig Numero Uno. Let us know how it holds up.

·
Premium Member
6,048 Posts
I was a bit skeptical at first too.
Recent member, little or no other posts and showing a new acces.
Very little or no info.... etc etc

anywho,

Is this a adjustable?
at first glance it's like a stock damper machined for looks.:think:

I do not know who this John who made it is.

How about filling in the gaps a bit?

JC

Sorry, Tomb. You're rather cryptic response just looked a little bit like some of the fake members we've had sign up just to advertise something, especially with no personal or location information. Your latest posts make it clear that's not the case.

As I said, I only reported it as "questionable." Glad I was right to not give up hope you were real. :D

Oh, and that's the first I've seen of that damper on this site, or anywhere else. I don't know if you're gonna get any feedback about it here. You may be Guinea Pig Numero Uno. Let us know how it holds up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just met the guy at the rock store and he had it on his bike. he said he is working on building them for all the sport classic models. He emailed me once he finished it for the sport 1000s and i picked this one up for $170. It is 16 way adjustable and has about 4 clicks that will allow for more dampening than the stock setup. I thought maybe others have tried them out. sorry for the stir-up. :D

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Welcome, tomb. Not everyone here is a dick. Just some of us. :)

There is an ignore button function if you like. That goes for everyone.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I just met the guy at the rock store and he had it on his bike. he said he is working on building them for all the sport classic models.
Cool, a privateer modder. We have a few such enterprising folk here on the site. Let him know there's a market for him here if he's going to make enough of them to make it worth becoming a vendor on the site. Vendor membership is kinda pricey, so I don't know if he's planning on going large enough scale to make it worthwhile. If not, they get real finicky here about non-vendor members distributing such information. You're semi-insulated cause you're just telling us about the cool thing you bought.

Regardless, it's always great to see someone creating something original and new. You have the honor of having something very exclusive on your bike!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts