Sophomore Member
2,893 Posts
That’s how you know it’s a Ducati!

Only one of my Ducs has caught fire. I think the other 2 are fakes

Reactions: Aguiar

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,072 Posts
Remember the instructor at Tally razzing us about Ducati’s catching fire. Lol! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Sophomore Member
2,893 Posts
🤣🤣🤣 He owns Ducati’s, so he is speaking from experience. The R/R burned up on my 900 on the previous owner. The frame still shows burn marks on the finish.

·
Registered
6,873 Posts
Well, how did everyone “enjoy” RoadAmerica ? 🤬🤮

·
Registered
368 Posts
Well, how did everyone “enjoy” RoadAmerica ? 🤬🤮
It was awesome. I hope I didn't catch anything while I was waiting line for beer and nachos. I rode the bike in or otherwise I would have brought my own.

I really enjoyed watching the kids race those little Ohvale bikes in the mini cup on the kart track after the main races. I can post some video if anyone wants to see it.

·
Registered
1997 748 Mono
45 Posts
It was awesome. I hope I didn't catch anything while I was waiting line for beer and nachos. I rode the bike in or otherwise I would have brought my own.

I really enjoyed watching the kids race those little Ohvale bikes in the mini cup on the kart track after the main races. I can post some video if anyone wants to see it.
I'd love to see some video. They showed a bit of it on the broadcast I think but just a flash.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I'd love to see some video. They showed a bit of it on the broadcast I think but just a flash.

There were some proud parents that day. Or at least some dads walking around and saying "my kid drags elbow, does yours?" :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Road America is a fantastic place to camp and enjoy races. I was there a few years ago for the vintage bikes and camped at the Carousel. Great place. I hope to go back after the pandemic.

·
Registered
6,873 Posts
What is your opinion about the results of the race with the weighted Ducati ?
Are you satisfied that things are back on an even keel now , penalty fair and justified ?
it appears they got what they wanted, Japanese bikes on the podium.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,072 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
NACHOS? WTF?!!?

·
Registered
368 Posts
NACHOS? WTF?!!?
Don't make me fight you.

I only got to go one day and it was Saturday. Was kinda surprised PJ only finished 9th. I mean could the added weight do that much? The weight addition was a knee jerk action, maybe next round they should have another knee jerk reaction and take it back off.

Yeah... heard enough of the Ducati fire jokes now.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Don't make me fight you.
View attachment 988655

I only got to go one day and it was Saturday. Was kinda surprised PJ only finished 9th. I mean could the added weight do that much? The weight addition was a knee jerk action, maybe next round they should have another knee jerk reaction and take it back off.

Yeah... heard enough of the Ducati fire jokes now.
He finished 9th in the Superbike race running on 1000 spec bike (that's with the extra weight). I think he was first in class at 9th place. This is how he can compete in Superbike Cup as well as the 1000 class.

81 - 97 of 97 Posts