Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to pick one up, does the visor cause any extra wind pull on your melon?

·
Registered
137 Posts
My advice to you is, don't turn your head to look at the scenery at 100 mph or you'll need a chiropractor! Other than that, its all ok.:D

·
You're gonna love my nuts...
1,658 Posts
Hehe...it's not bad for city/canyon riding but at freeway speeds? Stick to a standard helmet, especially on windy days.

·
Registered
228 Posts
i just took the peak off, I then find it better than a standard helmet for both noise level and vision

·
You're gonna love my nuts...
1,658 Posts
+1 to the above; you can't beat these motard helmets for their increased shield area. Makes seeing crazyass cagers all the more easy. And at least with the Arai, taking the peak off and swapping shields is easy.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I use the arai with my adventure bike and never have to take the peak off.
Still comfortable at 130 KmH

=====
Design is important as ny Fox dirt bike hemet with peak causes neck aches well below 80 kph

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
I had a Shoei Hornet D/S that I used for two rides and sold because of the lift. Around town it's fine, but then again so is an X11, which is what I wear now.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I've got an Arai XD and love it, the peak catches a bit when you look to change lanes but nothing to worry about, I don't even notice it now. I've done 195kmh and the helmet was ok, it started to lift up a bit so I had to slow down and tighten the strap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts