Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In trying to find a plug and play application of a mosfet rr and finding no exact how to, thought I'd do one since I have all the parts, so follow along:
Parts:
Mosfet reg/rec from motoelectrix, I got the one with extra plugs (they are not needed)

Yamaha Shindengen FH020AA Regulator w Connectors Replaces FH012AA | eBay

Triumph part# T2500676, link lead, regulator about $10 from local triumph dealer

Literally a 5 minute job if your not anal like me, 10 minute job if you are.

I retaped the triumph link lead harness to make the wires curve to the right and swapped out the small triumph plugs with the small plugs from the ducati reg, metal pins are the same on ducati plugs and triumph plugs (otherwise you could just zip tie the plug ends together due to locking clips being different)

Mounted reg in stock position with one bolt, will eventually make an adapter plate to use both mounting holes

Pic one stock reg/rec
Pic two stock small plug ends, one has 3 wires, one has 4
Pic three mosfet big plug ins, one has 3 one has 2
Pic 4 mosfet with extra plugs
Pic 5 triumph harness big plugs, one has 2 wires one has 3
Pic 6 and 7 triumph harness small plugs on harness and off harness after plug swap
Last pic new reg/rec in place

Attachments

·
Registered
465 Posts
I did the same thing with the receptacle swap on the triumph harness. However, be careful - I'm not sure if I just didn't connect the harness well enough or if it just came undone from regular vibrations, but the 3-terminal connector to the stock harness came undone. There were no abnormal indications until I noticed the speedometer start reading erratically (randomly swinging from 40 to 140 mph at highway speed). Right after I noticed that, I pulled the clutch in to downshift and the bike died - dead battery since it wasn't getting recharged from the stator due to the loose connection to the RR. I got a jump and was on my way after finding the loose connection. I'm probably going to replace the terminals with these:

ATP PLUG 4 WAY CONNECTOR DEUSTCH DTP06-4S COMPATIBLE - 38828

They're much higher quality and seal against the elements very well.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Anybody know if the holes in the Yamaha mosfet R/R can be slotted to fit the stock mount location? I think I may try it rather than go to the trouble of fabricating a mounting bracket. Here's a picture that gave me the idea:

·
Registered
602 Posts
Both of those links are for the non-MOS FET versions. Go for the MOS FET version for a few $$$ more. Sorry I'm not allowed to link you to my page.

/M

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
Anybody know if the holes in the Yamaha mosfet R/R can be slotted to fit the stock mount location?...
If you keep the R/R in the stock location then one bolt is enough to keep it secure.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Yeah, that's how I installed it to test it out, but I'd like to have it just a little more secure. Plus, it doesn't look proper with just one bolt, and that bugs me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts