Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I recently upgraded my stock SCR R/R on the 996 with the new MOSFET unit FH020AA. Pics attached showing my install and custom mounting plate (note the oil sight glass appears low in the photo, but it was because the bike was on a stand, so no need to comment about that).

The unit seems great, more steady output voltage (between 14.2 to 14.4) whereas the stock SH unit often dropped to 13.8 at times and ran very hot as we all know.

From what I have read online (actually this was in the description of the ebay ad), the FH020AA is a new model based on the earlier FH012AA. The FH020AA apparently has a temp overheat circuit which can some how dissconnect the R/R from the generator allowing it to cool down and then it comes back on line.

I'm just curious to learn more about the control system of the unit, I have searched for the technical data sheet for the FH020AA but am unable to find it (including on the Shindengen web site).

Wondering if anybody on here has a copy of the FH020AA technical data sheet they can share?

For those that have the FH012AA unit, attached is the tech data sheet for that (although it doesn't provide any detail on teh control circuit).

Cheers, James.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
FYI you can use the stock backing plate with some percussive persuasion. Hammer the kink out of it and drill a couple of new mount holes, good to go.

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
True. I could have done that. But having access to aero grade aluminium alloys in various thickness via work I decided to trial a new bracket. I tweaked the bends and length to sit the r/r just off the fairing and central with the ram air duct.

Sent from my HTC One X using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
241 Posts
From what I have read online (actually this was in the description of the ebay ad), the FH020AA is a new model based on the earlier FH012AA. The FH020AA apparently has a temp overheat circuit which can some how dissconnect the R/R from the generator allowing it to cool down and then it comes back on line.

I'm just curious to learn more about the control system of the unit, I have searched for the technical data sheet for the FH020AA but am unable to find it (including on the Shindengen web site)
I don't have the data sheet for the FH020AA but my guess is that they use a three phase thermostat attached near the regulating Mosfets that disconnects the generator from the R/R, or, since I can't find anything about it in the Shindengen web site (there should be a note about it?) it's an overrated advertisement description by the Ebay seller.....

Most modern high power Mosfets (the active elements of the Shindengen Mosfet regulator) can withstand well beyond 120 degrees Celsius (250 degrees Fahrenheit) and my FH012AA even after a long ride is moderately warm to touch so the use of a thermostat is actually meaningless...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts