Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mods, sorry if this doesn't belong in Sportclassic forum, but it is air air cooled v-twin from italy and is very reminiscent of a sportclassic.

Looks the selling price is 2100 bucks and seems cheap--anyone have experience with one of these? What are your thoughts?

For this price, I'm tempted to just go pick it up and play with it for a while.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/mcy/1293497538.html

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Those are very special bikes (although I've even more fond of the 3-1/2), but finding parts for those makes 70's Ducs look REALLY easy to maintain.

·
Registered
674 Posts
i saw the same model in milwaukee a few weeks ago. talked to the owner and he had nothing but good things to say about it. For that price i would take a look at it.

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts
Interesting bike.

The folks in Vintage might like to know about this. Do you want it moved?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Moto Morini 500

Mods, sorry if this doesn't belong in Sportclassic forum, but it is air air cooled v-twin from italy and is very reminiscent of a sportclassic.

Looks the selling price is 2100 bucks and seems cheap--anyone have experience with one of these? What are your thoughts?

For this price, I'm tempted to just go pick it up and play with it for a while.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/mcy/1293497538.html
Used to look after a 3 1/2 (350) for a (female) customer back in the '70s. The 500 was not really any more powerful. Nice light bike - handled well, but only really an 'around-town' bike - not enough power to go out of town. Of course parts will be a problem - Grimeca brake pads etc. Grandad says tread warily...

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Used to look after a 3 1/2 (350) for a (female) customer back in the '70s. The 500 was not really any more powerful. Nice light bike - handled well, but only really an 'around-town' bike - not enough power to go out of town. Of course parts will be a problem - Grimeca brake pads etc. Grandad says tread warily...
Thanks--this is the post that got me to take a pass on the bike. The bike sounds somewhat sexy but probably not going to be thrilling to ride.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
If memory serves correctly...

These are nice riding but relatively low-powered machines. I believe the engines are the "Heron" design, with a flat cylinder head and the combustion chamber defined by a concave molded piston.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
These are nice riding but relatively low-powered machines. I believe the engines are the "Heron" design, with a flat cylinder head and the combustion chamber defined by a concave molded piston.
That is correct.

Imo when looking for a vintage morini like that I'd look for a 3 1/2 with spoked rims and disk brakes, but those are pretty rare (only made for a couple of months).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts