Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New shocks on, more pix and ride report soon. Parts from Motocorsa (OR), work by my dealership, Eurosports (PA). Sorry for the shitty picture, wedged among a bunch of bikes in the back.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
rear shocks

As far as I am concered the weak link in these bikes are the rear shocks. Intsead of putting termi exhaust on I wish I had put new rear shocks on instead.

Any options for rear shocks other than Ohlins?

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
I would have said the weak link was the forks.
Yes,the rear shocks could be better, but they are rideable.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I went ahead and did it all: Fronts are fully-adjustable Showas, rebuilt/revalved/resprung/TiNed and anodized by Lindemann; rears from Ohlins; and steering damper by Ohlins/Kuan. The changes to the front made a huge difference, but then I noticed twitchness in the back (I am 170lb wet).

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Nice work Nimi. Money well spent.
I had no idea how bad the stock shocks were till I had Ohlins fitted.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Nimi,
+1 money very well spent, can you give us an aprox. $$ of the rear ohlins pair?

I have a pair of yss in the 'to do list', but since I have to wait some time, maybe ohlins are reacheable...

·
Registered
503 Posts
just got my Wilbers today....huge difference...no chance to play with the settings....I have the same Showas on the way...and the guy that did the rears is going to improve the new Showas....looking forward to that!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I would have said the weak link was the forks.
Yes,the rear shocks could be better, but they are rideable.
I agree but would love to know what specific improvements you guys are getting from upgraded rear shocks? Less bumpy ride? Were you having trouble with rear tire traction that better shocks resolve? Do new shocks made the bike feel like you're riding like a train on rails? Please share!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts