Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how much power I can get out from a stock 916 without changing the displacement?

:think:
RC8
NSR250
RS125

·
Registered
797 Posts
Power

The 916 does not have the best of head-port design of the long stroke Ducati's, compared to the 996, yet with slight cleaning of the ports, high compression pistions, SPS cams, and a nice 50mm full exhaust will bring your bike to life quite nicely.

Or just cams/cans/pistons will put a smile on your face.....

While Pistons and a used 50mm exhaust are still somewhat easy to find, real SPS cams are a tough one to find

Cheers,
Mark

I was wondering how much power I can get out from a stock 916 without changing the displacement?

:think:
RC8
NSR250
RS125

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
With slight cleaning of the ports, high compression pistions, SPS cams, and a nice 50mm full exhaust will bring your bike to life quite nicely.
That it will. Usually though, people do the 996 upgrade in their 916.

Side note; I've always been shocked that my 749R with only an exhaust, re-timed cam's and some fuel tuning, can easily keep pace with and over-take pretty much any liter Ducati I've run into. IDK if its just the way Ducati builds their base motors or what, but the 916/996 are just not very potent motors, even if you spend a great deal of time tuning...

Just keep that into perspective when your making decisions. Spend as little as possible and enjoy the bike for what it is. ;)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
233 Posts
"enjoy the bike for what it is."

Amen!

If you want more power, buy a 996/998. Don't mess with the 916.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 916 does not have the best of head-port design of the long stroke Ducati's, compared to the 996, yet with slight cleaning of the ports, high compression pistions, SPS cams, and a nice 50mm full exhaust will bring your bike to life quite nicely.

Or just cams/cans/pistons will put a smile on your face.....

While Pistons and a used 50mm exhaust are still somewhat easy to find, real SPS cams are a tough one to find

Cheers,
Mark
Thank you for the info but you didn't mentioned anything about eproms.And what about balancing?
I have already a 54mm WSBK termi full exhaust to fit and i think I'll go for the high comp pistons,cams,ports eprom,filter and I'll try to save some weight from it :confused:
thnx

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
Get light weight wheels, that is your best option for increased performance. No chance for a screw up there. I would look around for a set of used magnesiums.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts