Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Added the D/P racing seat and the D/P rear hugger today (Sorry Shift-Tech, couldn't wait any longer.) The seat definitely is taller in the front. An inch at least but it feels great! It is real grippy and keeps you locked in place when breaking. It also is tapered up in the front so you cant slide up into the tank. I've only ridden around the block so more seat time and I'll report back. Here's a pic of the difference between stock (top) and D/P (bottoom.)

Hugger looks great too!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Last time I checked with my parts guy, his computer said the DP rear hugger was to be released the first part of September. I'm gonna have to give him a call to see when mine will be here. I'm waiting for my hugger then I'll post pix of all my newest mods for comparos. Your S is looking mighty fine indeed!!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, ...Do you ride your bike?
Like I stole it! I just got it last Friday. My DIY fender eliminator needs an additional bracket to mount up the plate. I was more interested in putting on the seat and hugger today. :D

·
Premium Member
2012 Matte Black SFS
426 Posts
Last time I checked with my parts guy, his computer said the DP rear hugger was to be released the first part of September. I'm gonna have to give him a call to see when mine will be here. I'm waiting for my hugger then I'll post pix of all my newest mods for comparos. Your S is looking mighty fine indeed!!
I got my rear hugger last week! It's sexy!!!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
srleadjb, that seat looks much better... more comfy and black.... bike looks great...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks Srleadjb for the picture of the DP seat !

I was hopping this seat to be lower than the OEM seat:(

·
Bon Vivant
10,912 Posts
Is the seat raw foam like the 1098 DP racing seat or does it have a cover of some sort?

Racing seats are not made for comfort or longevity, only for function. The raw foam seats tend to tear after a while and only last a few months in pristine condition (depending of course on how you ride and how rough you are on the seat).

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is the seat raw foam like the 1098 DP racing seat or does it have a cover of some sort?

Racing seats are not made for comfort or longevity, only for function. The raw foam seats tend to tear after a while and only last a few months in pristine condition (depending of course on how you ride and how rough you are on the seat).
No, the seat is not raw foam. It is foam covered with a neoprene "like" seat cover. According to my dealer, Ducati changed the racing seats design and manufacturing this year. This seat looks more durable than the original and is more comfortable (so far,) grippier, more supportive at the tank and is a black material instead of the light grey plastic.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Added the D/P racing seat and the D/P rear hugger today (Sorry Shift-Tech, couldn't wait any longer.) The seat definitely is taller in the front. An inch at least but it feels great! It is real grippy and keeps you locked in place when breaking. It also is tapered up in the front so you cant slide up into the tank. I've only ridden around the block so more seat time and I'll report back. Here's a pic of the difference between stock (top) and D/P (bottoom.)

Hugger looks great too!

Damm the seat looks good and I love the rear hugger. Your bike is looking great...now I have to order a DP seat..........and hope my hugger comes in soon......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts