Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting to think there should be seperate sub forum on just the little bikes! ;-)

Anywho I posted on the bevel list, but nothing yet:

Bike: 66 160 Monza Jr.

Issue 1. How the hell do I get the ignition switch out of the headlight housing? It's really in there.

Issue 2. I'm trying to figure out the wiring in the headlight housing, it was half disconnected and it looks like there may be some missing bits. In the wiring diagram, it shows a diode (which makes sense) but can't tell exactly where it goes as I'm assuming mine is missing.

Does anyone have a good picture of the wiring in the headlight bucket for one of these that shows connections and the bits in there?

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I'm starting to think there should be seperate sub forum on just the little bikes! ;-)

Anywho I posted on the bevel list, but nothing yet:

Bike: 66 160 Monza Jr.

Issue 1. How the hell do I get the ignition switch out of the headlight housing? It's really in there.

Issue 2. I'm trying to figure out the wiring in the headlight housing, it was half disconnected and it looks like there may be some missing bits. In the wiring diagram, it shows a diode (which makes sense) but can't tell exactly where it goes as I'm assuming mine is missing.

Does anyone have a good picture of the wiring in the headlight bucket for one of these that shows connections and the bits in there?

Any help is appreciated.
On #1: The face of the switch is indexed to the cut-out in the shell. Therefore, to remove, disconnect the wires going to the switch and gingerly unscrew the switch body in the CCW direction. This should loosen things up for complete removal. May need a spurt of Liquid Wrench. Also, don't lose the small brass plunger & spring under the face upon removal.

On #2: I can email you a diagram etc. if you'll PM me your email address, or if you prefer, leave it here on a reply.

Steve

PS Everything's relative. The 160 Monza Jr. is far from little; next to my 48Sport, 48 Cucciolos and my 60 Sport.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a diagram, no worries there.

But I'm thinking there is something missing, can someone verify?

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I've probably got a picture of what was there on my bike, but I can't look for it until tonight... if I remember I'll post it up.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've probably got a picture of what was there on my bike, but I can't look for it until tonight... if I remember I'll post it up.
dood? ;)

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
d'oh! Forgot all about it.

This is the best pic I can find right now but I think the headlight may still be together with the wiring. I should be able to check this weekend.

You've got the fuse, looks like all you're missing is that deal with the thingies on the wires there...

yeah, I hate electrickery and know right around zero about it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's perfect! I'm definitely missing the Diode then. Was talking to Malcom down at Syd's. He gave me a lot of old school information on these as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts