Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
for you modaholics:

rear sets: for any of you debating whether or not to change out your rear sets, get it done. beyond the improvement in looks and weight (lots saved), you'll have the ability to adjust your feet and legs into a much more useful position. for those of you contemplating your next mod, i'd do this before anything else.

full termignoni exhaust: i'm not sold on the looks but they're an improvement over stock and the ECU seems to help with smoothing out the throttle response. i need to ride it up in the canyons to have a much greater appreciation but the roads up there are closed due to the recent fires. the sound is mean with the baffles removed and the added diameter pipes look the part. another weight saver.

DP tail tidy/DP comfort seat: self explanatory....and once again you would not believe how much plastic (weight) is removed along the way. the seat is a bit higher and helps with the forward lean/nut cracker issue.

crg bar ends: i personally couldn't stand the mouse ears so off they went. capped off the holes with 1/4" black plastic plugs from the local hardware store. i might entertain rizoma mirrors and reservoirs down the road.

carbon: DP pieces on the tank, sprocket and rear hugger...other pieces came with the S package.

etc: Pro Italia clutch cover w/ stainless springs...oem clutch plate.

on deck: pazzo's, reservoirs, marchesini forged aluminum wheels, and some light powdercoating of certain parts.

one of the easiest, better handling and confidence inspiring motorcycles i've ridden in some time. time tested motor and suspension. nothing fancy, and all about the ride, and perfect for the weekend canyon run. don't let the Monster line fool you; it will do everything you ask of it and then some. a real joy to ride.

enjoy (before and after)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Oooh baby...love those rearsets! :D

Glad to see you release that hideous metalic thingy.

BTW, Aren't those Jap rearsets? :D LOL!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
that is sweetness!!
+1 on rearsets.. apart from looks, I find that the stock pegs on my s4rs are too small and slick.. not very confidence inspiring when i'm cornering as my foot feels like it is going to slip right off. I'm hoping the rizoma's that I ordered will do the trick!

·
Registered
28 Posts
The rearsets look so much nicer! I think I'd like them on my 696.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Where did you purchase those sato rear sets at? I searched online and they are not in stock anywhere.
I need a pair!

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oooh baby...love those rearsets! :D

Glad to see you release that hideous metalic thingy.

BTW, Aren't those Jap rearsets? :D LOL!!!

Hiyas, Noelle.....thanks for the note. yes, they're as Japanese as the motorcycle you ride :), but these Sato's come from their Italian manufacturing plant in "Sato'rino." :D

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where did you purchase those sato rear sets at? I searched online and they are not in stock anywhere.
I need a pair!
I ordered them via my local Ducati dealer, Pro Italia....give Ray or Dave a call and tell them I sent ya! :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Don't know about those wheels...a bit "bling" with the gold and all...

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Martin, I appreciate your wheel suggestion. Do they come in black? I typically stay very close to home on the mod front, so I'm not certain those are for me. I'm looking for something in between after shave and cologne.....not sure what that is yet. ;)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Seeing pics of your bike really made me miss mine. :(

My only gripe with the full termis was after a few hours of riding (even with ear plugs), my ears were ringing. It got to a point where I was just about to put the db killers back on, but I ended up totalling my bike. In any case, I hope I can sell my full termis, racing ECU, and a cosmetically damaged right pipe and CF cover soon. It belongs in a good home.

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
SFArchie...have you thought about giving the classifieds a try?

back to the original thread

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Thanks Martin, I appreciate your wheel suggestion. Do they come in black? I typically stay very close to home on the mod front, so I'm not certain those are for me. I'm looking for something in between after shave and cologne.....not sure what that is yet. ;)
They come in black:

They are available in custom colors if you are willing to wait.

The group of designers/engineers for these wheels were with Marchesini for many years--that is why they look so much like the 5 spoke Marchesini.

-M

·
Registered
6 Posts
That monster is to die for. Not to much snap, crackle with plenty of pop. Job well done.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Nice bike!

Do the Sato rearsets come with an option for passenger pegs?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts