Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently sold my beloved 14 monster 1200. Still have Honda Africa Twin, but I just plain miss the Duc. It was time to move on from monster, I'm 6'5 and 4 yrs was enough. BUT, my thoughts of dirt riding just never materialized. It's appealing, but not at the cost of a ho hum ride on the street (with the vanilla Honda) which is 90% of what I do.
Considering getting rid of Honda for a 2010 touring. Sat on one today and felt I "fit". 2010 just had the 15k service done and has 16k miles. I could get it for around $7k.
Thoughts from anyone, especially those that transitioned from monster? Will I notice lack of DVT? Visceral/snatchy throttle? -main thing I hated about a hyper I rode a few years back, hated the throttle.
Like to hope I could use it on signed dirt roads, I never had visions of single track.
I'm stocked at the possibility of getting back to Ducati, Honda is dct, I MISS clicking gears!

Thanks

·
Administrator
11,789 Posts
Hi and welcome to Ducati.ms. Super glad to have you roaming our halls.

Please fill in your location information in the UserCP Edit Your Details section, that can help if there might be someone local to you give a hand or find new friends to take a ride.

·
Registered
469 Posts
No time on a munster but I can tell you, I LOVE my '10 S touring. THe 10-14 have the raw feeling. It's an animal wanting out of it's cage. The Ohlins are sooo good. And there's a few things you can do to make the rear brake a non issue.

Ride it, you'll understand pretty quick. The most comfortable sport bike out there, then switch to urban and it's like a Buick.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Hate to say it but the snatchy throttle may follow you to the multi... I've just gotten used to it and that first 1/16 turn from fully closed I am very careful. I put TKC-80's on my multi and while it doesn't have the 19" front of the Africa Twin, it does pretty good in the dirt now. I think you have to really seek out dirt if it interests you, I find myself in a similar situation to yours sometimes... I invested the money, I have a bike that will do it, but sometimes it feels like a real effort to get off the pavement. But... the reason I wanted to get onto the dirt was the grin it puts on my face. That's the best part of owning a multi - you can canyon carve on your way to offroading and do both pretty damn well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tested it, no issue with throttle, legs felt a bit cramped, looking at peg/seat options to get some more leg room. Testing another local one tomorrow to get more seat time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts