Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

After discovering over the weekend that my oil was almost opaque white and milky through the viewing glass, I had my 4 month old (I bought it new) 5000km Monster S4RS Tri Colore picked up by roadside assistance and taken to my local Ducati Dealer.

It turns out that yes, there is definitely water in the oil as my cylinder head studs are incredibly loose which has let water into the engine combustion chamber and into the crankcase. The guys don't know yet whether the head is cracked, they're currently pulling the whole engine apart. The radiator was also virtually empty, even though it was only serviced 5 weeks ago.

This is my 5th Ducati, and I have never come accross anything like this. Suffice to say, I am not a very happy camper. Who wants to have a complete engine rebuild when the bike's only 4 months old!

Has anyone heard of anything like this happening? The mechanic told me it's definitely not a service issue, the head studs weren't tightened properly from the factory. Does this sound right?

Very concerned Ducati Girl :(
Sydney

·
unM0derator
2,853 Posts
Wow, that really sucks.

Personally, if done right, I have no problem with a rebuilt motor, and it will be warranted. Nasty little bug though.

Good luck.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Perhaps it's simply a matter of the loose studs allowing water to migrate into the oil and not a cracked head ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts