1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
unM0derator
2,853 Posts
The engine from the S4rs is only 130HP, merely about 10 more than the 996 it replaced. Doesn't seem a worthwhile endeavor. Getting a TSE motor in the ST, however, would be worth it.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Thanks but that's not what I'm looking for.
I'm fully aware of Neil's build, but that's a 2 valve ST2 motor in an ST frame.
The question I asked was about a Monster S4RS motor, which is a 4 valve Testastretta motor.
Neil put an S4RS front end on it, which may be what you are thinking of.

Apparently you didn't look down far enough. See Guido's reply (#6) in the link I provided.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Hello

I've got a crankless, hollow S4RS motor w/ jugs and heads (#3 S4RS motor) bolted into an ST4S frame (actually, per the title, it's Mark Turbo's frame, the one that lost the bottom end at 72k miles or so, so we're "connected"))
Problem is, I'm also building an S4r for my #2 son, and "assisting" my brother in law with building an ST4S . Both of these builds involve full motor rebuilds, the S4R had a bent crank (?) the '02 ST4S just needed one before I gave it to him to be reliable.
So, the ST4RS project has had to take a back-burner for a few months. But, I have all the parts stockpiled, and I'm ready to tear back into it in a couple weeks or so.
I'm still shopping for some 996 type axial R&T Ohlins forks for it, though...May have to go with a 999/1098 style, but I like having interchangeable wheels.

-I'll report soon...

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice one thanks Guido.
I think about your project quite a lot and really look forward to hearing more about it and hopefully seeing some pictures.

·
unM0derator
2,853 Posts
I'm still shopping for some 996 type axial R&T Ohlins forks for it, though...May have to go with a 999/1098 style, but I like having interchangeable wheels.

-I'll report soon...
Too bad you missed out on the SC / M1000S Ohlins forks that were around a few months back. They are the same diameters as the ST, however radial brakes.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Please forgive my hijack, but by any chance, would you (or anyone else, for that matter) have a spare set of crankcases that are in good shape for the S4Rs Testastretta engine? I have a complete engine to rebuild, but need the cases. I've thought about using it for my ST4 at some point. Thanks!

Hello

I've got a crankless, hollow S4RS motor w/ jugs and heads (#3 S4RS motor) bolted into an ST4S frame (actually, per the title, it's Mark Turbo's frame, the one that lost the bottom end at 72k miles or so, so we're "connected"))
Problem is, I'm also building an S4r for my #2 son, and "assisting" my brother in law with building an ST4S . Both of these builds involve full motor rebuilds, the S4R had a bent crank (?) the '02 ST4S just needed one before I gave it to him to be reliable.
So, the ST4RS project has had to take a back-burner for a few months. But, I have all the parts stockpiled, and I'm ready to tear back into it in a couple weeks or so.

-I'll report soon...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts