Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am working on a 02 s4 monster and here is the story. It was crashed and the gauges destroyed, a used set of gauges bought for it,and of course it did not work as the gauges were married or paired to a different ecu, so bought a new virgin ducati performance ecu, and now with the used gauges the bike will not start. With the gauges disconnected it will start and with it running you can plug the gauges back in and they work, until you shut it off and then the same thing. I am thinking immobilizer-if that is the case-is there anyway to disable the immobilizer in the gauges? I have the red key, the two black keys and the code card, any use for this?? Anybody know I am at a loss..thanks

·
Registered
154 Posts
You need the keys from the used dash board. If you had those, you could switch the microchips with your existing keys and not have to re-key your ignition and locks. If that's not possible, check out Silverback Racing. They should be able to disable the immobilizer function in the new ECU.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well there is a little story about that. I sent the original ecu to silverback to get the immobilizer disabled(after talking to them on the phone before I sent it to see if they could do it and how much) and after receiving it they told me that they cannot do the s4-I talked to doug a couple different times and in the second conversation I told him that the guy at metro duc in florida says he can do it, and that they should contact him and learn how to do it so they could make more money

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wiring diagram

Anybody have a wiring diagram for then 02 s4 so that I can maybe see what wire to disconnect for the immobilizer??

·
Registered
38 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts