Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't find anything on the forum but please let me know if otherwise. My buddy got a 2006 s2r and the forks are not adjustable. I was gona change forks on my 748 and give him mine. I looked at the two forks and it looks like my 748's are gona fit in his.

Any hints if this is gona work?

thanks,

gabe

·
Registered
86 Posts
Is that a s2r 800 or 1000?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Monster forks are 50/54 mm while sbk are 53/53. They can be made to work by shimming the bottom triple and boring or replacing the top triple. fairly easy job once the parts are lined up.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ducati website says 43mm USD fork..........

·
Registered
187 Posts
I just got through this conversion on my '05 S2R 800. I used adjustable sbk forks from a 06 749S and had to shim bottom and bore top triple along with wheel spacer.

·
Registered
85 Posts
ubermensch said:
I just got through this conversion on my '05 S2R 800. I used adjustable sbk forks from a 06 749S and had to shim bottom and bore top triple along with wheel spacer.
How much did something like that cost? Is there another way to make the forks adjustable?

·
Registered
49 Posts
You can buy new showa adjustable forks from your dealer for s2r 800's.They cost about $950.00 new minus whatever dicounts they give you for being a desmo club member.
Also, These are the same forks that are fitted onto a 749 so if you can find someone who had fitted an ohlins upgrade on their 749 they should bolt right on with no problems.
748 different kettle of fish though.
Hope this info helps you .

·
Registered
85 Posts
I ended up doing the SBK fork conversion on my S2R recently, purchased everything mostly from ebay...Showa 916 forks, brembo gold calipers, 916 rotors and finished off with handle bars from Suburban Machinery. I'm pretty happy with the results, it was definitely well worth it :D!

·
Registered
923 Posts
S2RGRL, I like those handlebars. Pretty cool.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I love the clubman style bars. I wish I'd have known about them when I bought my clip-ons. I put some vortex clipons on my S2R after a bad wreck messed up my front end. I installed them under the top triple and they work well, but damn I love those bars you've got....now you're gonna be the cause of me spending more money! lol:p

·
Registered
69 Posts
s2rgirl,
When you did the fork swap, did you have to shim/bore the stock triples on your s2r? did you use wheel spacers? I have the same bike and am looking to do the same thing. Did you have to replace the rotors or did you just do that for kicks?

thanks alot.
My wife has a red/white S2R and she loves it. She can never find anyone(female) to ride with though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts