Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Monster Pix - Show us what you have

2M views 2K replies 1K participants last post by  Bushyeyed1 
#1 · (Edited)
The other forums are running this thread so I figured we should do one too. Post your bike pictures here.

I might as well start it off

This is an old shot, pre-tail bob & brake upgrade. I'll try to post some more to it later.

See less See more
#1,806 ·
Today in the falling rocks zone west of Wrightwood.
The Monster, she sings the siren song for me.
Ride safe, the mountain always wins she sings. Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap! >:)

Attachments

#1,814 ·
CNC aluminum from China, in Italy color.
Folds up for tipover, 6 click adjust, also adjusts for length. They look really nice and well made imho.$37 on Amazon. Pic at bottom.

Once you find a good instructional video on Youtube, figure out the procedure and find / improvise a tool to drive the bushing out of the stock levers, it is not too hard to change them. No problem with ESL instructions, there were no instructions. I'll see how they work tomorrow, seemed OK in the garage. Also will see how they hold up, especially the color.

I thought this was about the best video, don't worry the sound get better. When you go to replace the pin in the rubber boot, don't jam it in as hard and fast as you can, don't push and pry slow, shove it in like you mean it, then use the paper clip to adjust the boot. Worked for me anyway

Attachments

Reactions: Motovation
#1,820 · (Edited)
Performance Mods:
Pazzo Short Levers
Annitori Quick Shifter
SC Project Carbon Conic Slip-On Exhaust
Rexxer ECU Flash (open loop only, exhaust valve disabled)

Protection and Aesthetics Mods:
Ducati Performance Carbon Tank Protector
Ducati Performance Reservoirs (black)
Risoma Spirit bar-end Mirrors
Evotech Performance Radiator Guard
Evotech Performance engine Guard
Evotech Performance Tail Tidy
Akrapovic Carbon Fiber Exhaust Heat Shield
Shift-Tech Carbon Fiber Engine Covers
Shift-Tech Carbon Fiber Rear Hugger
Shift-Tech Carbon Fiber Chain Guard
Opti-Coated

Accessories:
DP Comfort seat
SW-Motech Blaze panniers
Front and Rear USB/SAE Power with Micro & Mini USB
Garmin GPS and Ram-Mount bracket

#1,824 ·
@nakaimoto
Congrats. You will enjoy the "R" for sure. The light Marchesini forged wheels do make a big difference.
As for the seat, I didn't have a complaint about the stock seat knowing it's "sporty hard". I got used to it and it became a non issue.
However, my buddies wanted to take longer rides where I felt than some extra padding was necessary.
My other bike was a Panigale where it was not an improvement in comfort.
That's why I bought the comfort seat for the Monster.
The comfort seat is well...much more comfortable albeit still firm and a bit taller.
I have now traded the Panigale for a Multistrada.
Had I owned the Multi at that time, I would not have bought the comfort seat.
The bottom line for me:
If you only have one bike then yes, buy it if you feel you need extra padding.
However, if you have a more comfortable bike for day trips then it's not worth it.

As for the exhaust, whichever you choose, do get your ECU flashed or buy a Rapidbike unit regardless of any manufacturer's claim that you don't need it.
You will lose torque guaranteed, because of a lean running engine.

#1,827 ·
When they re-designed the "R" for 2016 to give it more ground clearance (for the track) they sacrificed padding to maintain seat height.
However, the comfort seat thickness for height should not be a deal-breaking decision. It really is more comfortable.

Originally, I was only using the comfort seat in conjunction with my SW-Motech Blaze saddlebags. I kept the OEM seat with the rear cowl attached for normal day to day riding. Now that I have a Multistrada, I will install the rear cowl to the comfort seat where this will be the permanent seat going forward.

#1,836 ·
I'll get some photos when I'm putting on new belts in a couple of weeks.

As far as I know the guy I bought the bike from bought it from someone who had it sitting for several years - probably since the early 2000's. We were thinking perhaps dual plugs were made by ducati-kämna or possibly some machine shop here in Sweden.

#1,837 ·
Dual plugs are not a bad thing if done well, most never need them but if you have big domes on the pistons it can be a benefit. all of the modded heads I know were done differently but that does not mean better. It is always good to find other ways people have done the same job.

Nice classic monster by the way, in many ways the early monsters are my favorites.