Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1821 - 1840 of 1861 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
@HyperFreak
Maybe I missed it but have you posted it in the classified section?
List your accessories and your asking price.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Beautiful bike!!

I just bought a 2017 Monster 1200R in black as well. For now exhaust is at the top of my mod list.

How are you liking the Ducati Comfort seat?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Performance Mods:
Pazzo Short Levers
Annitori Quick Shifter
SC Project Carbon Conic Slip-On Exhaust
Rexxer ECU Flash (open loop only, exhaust valve disabled)

Protection and Aesthetics Mods:
Ducati Performance Carbon Tank Protector
Ducati Performance Reservoirs (black)
Risoma Spirit bar-end Mirrors
Evotech Performance Radiator Guard
Evotech Performance engine Guard
Evotech Performance Tail Tidy
Akrapovic Carbon Fiber Exhaust Heat Shield
Shift-Tech Carbon Fiber Engine Covers
Shift-Tech Carbon Fiber Rear Hugger
Shift-Tech Carbon Fiber Chain Guard
Opti-Coated

Accessories:
DP Comfort seat
SW-Motech Blaze panniers
Front and Rear USB/SAE Power with Micro & Mini USB
Garmin GPS and Ram-Mount bracket

Beautiful bike!!

I just bought a 2017 Monster 1200R in black as well. For now exhaust is at the top of my mod list.

How are you liking the Ducati Comfort seat?

·
Registered
721 Posts
@nakaimoto
Congrats. You will enjoy the "R" for sure. The light Marchesini forged wheels do make a big difference.
As for the seat, I didn't have a complaint about the stock seat knowing it's "sporty hard". I got used to it and it became a non issue.
However, my buddies wanted to take longer rides where I felt than some extra padding was necessary.
My other bike was a Panigale where it was not an improvement in comfort.
That's why I bought the comfort seat for the Monster.
The comfort seat is well...much more comfortable albeit still firm and a bit taller.
I have now traded the Panigale for a Multistrada.
Had I owned the Multi at that time, I would not have bought the comfort seat.
The bottom line for me:
If you only have one bike then yes, buy it if you feel you need extra padding.
However, if you have a more comfortable bike for day trips then it's not worth it.

As for the exhaust, whichever you choose, do get your ECU flashed or buy a Rapidbike unit regardless of any manufacturer's claim that you don't need it.
You will lose torque guaranteed, because of a lean running engine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Here's another one of my bike. I have been slowly cleaning her when I have the time. I removed the ripped stickers, going with no labels on the exhaust for now. Cleaned and polished the rims, plastics, and carbon fiber.

Attachments

·
Registered
721 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I didn't realize that the comfort seat will raise the height. I barely flat foot now.
When they re-designed the "R" for 2016 to give it more ground clearance (for the track) they sacrificed padding to maintain seat height.
However, the comfort seat thickness for height should not be a deal-breaking decision. It really is more comfortable.

Originally, I was only using the comfort seat in conjunction with my SW-Motech Blaze saddlebags. I kept the OEM seat with the rear cowl attached for normal day to day riding. Now that I have a Multistrada, I will install the rear cowl to the comfort seat where this will be the permanent seat going forward.

·
Registered
30 Posts
When they re-designed the "R" for 2016 to give it more ground clearance (for the track) they sacrificed padding to maintain seat height.
However, the comfort seat thickness for height should not be a deal-breaking decision. It really is more comfortable.

Originally, I was only using the comfort seat in conjunction with my SW-Motech Blaze saddlebags. I kept the OEM seat with the rear cowl attached for normal day to day riding. Now that I have a Multistrada, I will install the rear cowl to the comfort seat where this will be the permanent seat going forward.
Thanks for the reply. I am leaning towards the comfort seat, but I have decided to put more saddle time first. I have another question for you. You mentioned in your mods that you opti-coted the paint. Did you get it done before or after putting the tank protector badge? I was told that badges or stickers dont stick on ceramic coated surfaces.

Sorry for so many questions!

·
Registered
721 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I am leaning towards the comfort seat, but I have decided to put more saddle time first. I have another question for you. You mentioned in your mods that you opti-coted the paint. Did you get it done before or after putting the tank protector badge? I was told that badges or stickers dont stick on ceramic coated surfaces.

Sorry for so many questions!
I think it was done after.
BTW, It's not worth the money.

·
Registered
3 Posts
wiklund
interesting dual plug routing any pictures with the covers off? we usually had them behind the inner belt covers and not through the belt covers like the DS motors.

Not a great picture but you can see the plug is not in the belt area.
I'll get some photos when I'm putting on new belts in a couple of weeks.

As far as I know the guy I bought the bike from bought it from someone who had it sitting for several years - probably since the early 2000's. We were thinking perhaps dual plugs were made by ducati-kämna or possibly some machine shop here in Sweden.

·
Premium Member
3,550 Posts
Dual plugs are not a bad thing if done well, most never need them but if you have big domes on the pistons it can be a benefit. all of the modded heads I know were done differently but that does not mean better. It is always good to find other ways people have done the same job.

Nice classic monster by the way, in many ways the early monsters are my favorites.

1821 - 1840 of 1861 Posts