Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1061 - 1080 of 1867 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
That's pretty cool gasmoney, having owned an original Monster since new.
Have you bought other bikes since, or have you remained entirely faithful to this Monster all that time?
Love those Termis, the way they reach for the sky like that

·
Registered
82 Posts
As far as street bikes go this is all I have ever owned since 93'.

I raced multiple Duc's, 888/955, 748/800 and 996. Loved them all but glad I kept this old gal around all these years.

the full termi system is pretty nice and allows the pipes to spin up like an 888.The bike has been been all over the country with me as well. Its a real rocket now that I just installed kiehn 41mm carbs.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
As far as street bikes go this is all I have ever owned since 93'.

I raced multiple Duc's, 888/955, 748/800 and 996. Loved them all but glad I kept this old gal around all these years.

the full termi system is pretty nice and allows the pipes to spin up like an 888.The bike has been been all over the country with me as well. Its a real rocket now that I just installed kiehn 41mm carbs.
Kudos mate, very cool to see and hear about such a long standing "relationship".
May you enjoy many more miles and years together...

·
Registered
82 Posts
The 944 motor has about 9K on her. I put that in in 96 or 97.

The motor is a super trick 944 that FBF built in 96'. The original owner was a top fuel funny car driver for Camel Smokin' Joes team. He rode his bike (900SS) for about a month and crashed hard in the blue ridge mountains. Camel said no more bikes. My buddy bought the salvaged 900ss from him. I went to FBF too see the receipt for the motor and it was 7K back then . Titanium everything. I bought it and stuck it in my M900. Its a real fun ride to say the least. Its 95 HP on the Dyno

I think the bike overall has about 25K on her. It sat around many summers while I was racing on the weekends. Only getting a few rides. Not anymore.

1061 - 1080 of 1867 Posts