Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1021 - 1040 of 1889 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
My Baby Streetfighter

The stock chicken wing things are coming off today and will be replaced by some woodcraft rear sets. I'm almost complete with the mods. I'm waiting on a release for PCV for a 2012 696 so I can get rid of all the back blast I'm getting from my H-Competition Exhaust. I scare the hello out of women, children, babies, little cute puppies and bunny rabbits everytime I let off the throttle.

·
Registered
325 Posts
ever think about painting the lower part of your headlight bracket?

looks sweet though! maybe extend the box farther out to the tail?
The lower part of the healight bracket will be powder coated black in the future. As for the exhaust, I like where it's at because it gives it a stealthy look. Plus I have no fabrication skills.

·
Registered
36 Posts
ImageUploadedByMO Free1340304336.952611.jpg
Here is my new to me 96 m900.

I know it's not a thing of beauty but it is in my eyes! My first Ducati! Picture is the first day I saw it I can get more up later.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks I just got her cleaned up today took her to the wash in my complex! Man she looks good now with a fresh coat of wax and some polishing compound! Still a lot of cleaning to do!

But here are some shots
ImageUploadedByMO Free1340326005.201596.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1340325953.905124.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1340326031.157278.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1340325977.316430.jpg

Love it!

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Our new acquisition " Rosa"

Hello Everyone,

I usualy hang out in the superbike section, but since our last acquisition, I've been hanging around here a lot. Our new baby is a 2001 Monster 600 metallic red. We purchased it from the original owner in Ontario Canada this year. Some of you guys might know the bike since its been supposedly showed in the past and has won trophies at motorcycle shows in the past also. The owner told me that it has also been to the U.S Ducati meets previously so some of you probably saw it. The Original Owner had named it "Rosa". It came with a number of carbon fiber parts, carbon fiber air side scoop, a corbin seat, pazzo levers, rizoma mirrors, a full DP performance polished stainless exhaust and also an Arrow adjustable steering damper. The previous owner also gave us a spare OEM tank in the metallic color that he had specialy ordered directly from Ducati since the bike has been dropped a few times and the tank had a few dings. I have left the tank with the small dents on the bike since they're not really big and have decided to keep the OEM mint tank in wraps for now since they seem pretty expensive to get...;)

Other mods I have added since we got it, I have put a full racing air filter, open airbox and factory pro jet kit to compensate for the fact the DP exhaust seem to have modified the jetting to much to my liking and it was running too lean for my taste and I have completely readjusted the jetting now and its now running like a charm, cold or hot...;)

Without further talk, here are some photos of our new baby and just let me tell you that the photos do not do justice to the nice sparkling red this bike has, my wife just loves it to death and I must admit I'm not usualy a sprarkle kind of guy, but this one amazes me every time I look at it:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Fastest Monster at the Track!

...the ONLY Monster at the track. :eek::p

Great day. Significant suspension concerns worked out (ran off track twice in first session!). A little Dave Moss magic - she's fully dialed in now and works beautifully. Ironically, I'm officially retiring the ole girl from track duty - a new track tool will be joining the stable next week. :D Some shots from yesterday...

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nice monster here
Me just bought a brand new 1100evo 2 days ago
I already ride it for 100km....what a bike
Handle very light :D
My only complaint is when stuck at traffic jam or stoplight....the hot air will hit my foot....is it normal? And the temperature will go one block above the mid line...my country is hot 33 degree celcius all day all year with high humidity
This is my 1st ducati
My previous R1 also hot like this.....

Some one plea enlight me
If this is normal then i will try get to used to it....if not, i will take it back to dealer since its still warranty

Thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
Nice monster here
Me just bought a brand new 1100evo 2 days ago
I already ride it for 100km....what a bike
Handle very light :D
My only complaint is when stuck at traffic jam or stoplight....the hot air will hit my foot....is it normal? And the temperature will go one block above the mid line...my country is hot 33 degree celcius all day all year with high humidity
This is my 1st ducati
My previous R1 also hot like this.....

Thanks
which foot? in my experience with my 796 when im at a light, my left thigh gets real toasty but for the most part it will get hot where the exhaust is routed, but as far as operating temps, 4 bars is normal in traffic, but 3 is the norm when you are cruising

·
Registered
25 Posts
which foot? in my experience with my 796 when im at a light, my left thigh gets real toasty but for the most part it will get hot where the exhaust is routed, but as far as operating temps, 4 bars is normal in traffic, but 3 is the norm when you are cruising
Right thigh is most hot
Left thigh also hot but not as bad as right
The mid line of the temperatur is 3 bars, and when i cruising is always 3 bar
Btw thank for ur info duckY
Now i Think its normal then

·
Registered
247 Posts
Nice! Love seeing Monsters on the track. Proof positive it's not the tool, but the craftsman who wields it; not that the Monster is a slouch by any means.

Pic #2, directly under your shifter, is that a random, lonely rock? If so... whew, that was close!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Right thigh is most hot
Left thigh also hot but not as bad as right
The mid line of the temperatur is 3 bars, and when i cruising is always 3 bar
Btw thank for ur info duckY
Now i Think its normal then
I live in Bangkok. Also very hot here. If I wear thin shoes I can also feel the heat but since I am always wearing riding boots I have no problem with the heat coming form the bike.

If you already like your Monster ofter 100km, you will like it much more once it has done around 2500km. Then the engine is much more smooth. You should consider changing sprocket to 14t if you drive in the city.

Try to avoid heavy trafic with on air-cooled bike in a hot country. Have to say that I never had over-heating issues.

How about a pic of your Monster?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I live in Bangkok. Also very hot here. If I wear thin shoes I can also feel the heat but since I am always wearing riding boots I have no problem with the heat coming form the bike.

If you already like your Monster ofter 100km, you will like it much more once it has done around 2500km. Then the engine is much more smooth. You should consider changing sprocket to 14t if you drive in the city.

Try to avoid heavy trafic with on air-cooled bike in a hot country. Have to say that I never had over-heating issues.

How about a pic of your Monster?
Thanks nicky
We have same climate country.....
I will wait for the break in procedure finish then change the sprocket.....
I will take some pics once i back to my city next week..now i have a holiday with my fam at Bali island.....
U already convinced me about this monster......no doubt its a nice bike

Regards

1021 - 1040 of 1889 Posts