Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1920 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
The_Duke182 said:
hey fasterdammit, I'm lik'n your clip on handlebars, where can I find some to fit my 2002 Ducati 620 Dark?
Thanks Duke - they're from Vortex Racing, here's their pic:

They're pretty stout, the bars are easily replaceable if need be - although you will need to drill them to mount the controls (not a big deal at all). These are the 52mm, 10º brackets; I'm pretty sure your 620 has the same diameter fork tubes? If not, there's quite a selection of sizes, so I'm sure they've got something that will work. (The 50mm have a 7º angle so it's not quite as steep)

It's quite a difference, compared to the handlebar unit. I actually dropped my forks down a little bit, compared to where they were w/ the handlebar - I was craning my neck just to see traffic lights, so that was dumb. But since you're changing the weight bias w/ the clip-ons alone (there's probably a 4" difference between these & the handlebar), you're not going to notice the slight, slight change in rake/trial by dropping the forks down.

At the same time, I replaced the lines w/ Galfer S/S braided ones, and even managed to keep the stock sizes. I re-routed the lines a little bit as well, but the stock length fit perfect. I did need to replace my front turn signal mounting brackets though - otherwise I wouldn't have been able to get the controls in close enough without seriously sacrificing steering lock. I bought a pair of brashed aluminum ones from Fast By Ferracci for like $25, and they brought the turn signals in nice & tight to the headlight.

I think that should cover it. :D Hahaha Thanks again!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks man, I checked it out and that is a great website Vortex has. I think I might make some adjustments here very quickly, just got the bike and gotta make it my own. I am liking your bike tons man, sweet ride.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Two weeks old!

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Monster In Progress

Thought I uploaded a couple of pics but not sure. If not can I get some help on the process. Here goes!

Thanks

·
Vendor
423 Posts
Motowheels Monster 944

Here are a couple of shots of the Motowheels Monster 944.

Recently we add the oversized oil cooler and the billet inspection covers
This bike has everything. From the superbike front end with radial calipers and BST's to a big bore 944 kit with dual plugs on a 96 M900 Motor.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Oh, man, that's just HAWT

Love the radials and the March rims, the headlight bucket - freaking everything. And is that a retro-style logo on the tank I spy too? Even better. And what isn't carbon fibre on it? :D

Rules. Nice work!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Work in progress. Pity the pearl paint doesn't come up at all.

Attachments

·
Registered
465 Posts
Mine

Ducati pics are about a year old. Several mods since but you get the idea. "other" bike is track bike only and on its way out when new "1200" superbike shows up............Ok the last one isn't mine but there's nothing wrong with dreaming!

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
And in complete contrast to bikes like MotoRefuge's, here is my '00 750 Dark, all packed up for vacation.
The Mirrors have now been replaced with Bar End mirrors.
- Bob

Attachments

·
Registered
232 Posts
Beautiful bikes from Ducmon and Moto...WOW.

Here is my bike last month...it is now the wife's bike as I picked up a 749 but heck, it's still "Ours" :)

Attachments

41 - 60 of 1920 Posts