Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently wrecked my 848 from a guy you made a left in front of me. The bike was totaled and I need a new one. I'm asking for an opinion on which is better the Monster 1100 or Hypermotard 1100? Pros? Cons?

I would get another 848 but I shattered my wrist and I think the riding position might get painful on longer rides. I mostly do cayon runs and some track days.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
As Chucker so kindly posted for you there are threads on this information already so with a little time on your part you will find all kinds of info. As for the to the point answer of which one, go ride them yourself and find out which one you like better. Thats the best way to find out. They are similar but also very different. Bottom line is they are both great bikes so you really can't go wrong with either it just depends on what you are looking for out of your ride.

·
Registered
346 Posts
If you want the ability to ride more than 80 miles before having to find a gas station, go for the Monster. If you install the ca-cycleworks gas tank on the Hyper then you've got some range and versatility in it. Personally I think the M1100S trounces the Hyper as an all-around great bike that you can live with every day, and I find it far more comfortable. Ride 'em both though, your results may vary.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts