Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a rack system with hard side bags for a 2002 Ducati Monster Dark 620. I have tried Givi and Ducati and other off brands and have yet to find anything that fits. Anyone know of any?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Apparently Monster people hate things that make life easier like windscreens and storage.

I think you are out of luck other than a goofy tank bag.

Get a BMW 650 CS.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I am looking for a rack system with hard side bags for a 2002 Ducati Monster Dark 620. I have tried Givi and Ducati and other off brands and have yet to find anything that fits. Anyone know of any?
I feel your pain Bro, I've done a bit of research myself and no one seems to make hard cases for my S4RS either.

I tend to over pack, especially when going on a week long trip so I needed something that would carry a ton. The pic of the S4RS below is from my trip 2 weeks ago with the very practical, not so pretty Ventura Luggage System. It's not eye candy; however, the bike handles great with the luggage on, as all the weight is centered on top of the bike as opposed to hanging off the sides. I use this same system on my 996 as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Is it possible to have a passenger on the back with those touring bags on?
You can. I wouldnt go any further than down the street for dinner with them on with her on the back. She says she's fine, but I just don't feel comfortable as the get in teh way of her feet a little.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Is it possible to have a passenger on the back with those touring bags on?
The pics of my bikes show 2 cases zipped together for maximum carrying capacity. If you only use 1 bag, it is supported by the rack off the back of the bike leaving the rear seat free for a passenger.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Its called a duffle bag bungee strapped to the passenger seat. Made it from Iowa to South Padre like that. i really shoulda took some pictures :D

·
Registered
101 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
It's too bad that Ducati Performance doesn't make more luggage for the older Monsters. They have semi-rigid saddle bags, tail bag and tank bag for the 696/1100 that all look pretty nice.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Its called a duffle bag bungee strapped to the passenger seat. Made it from Iowa to South Padre like that. i really shoulda took some pictures :D
Yea, that's called the Joe Dirtbag Luggage System :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts