Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have a 02 s4 monster and it is missing the instrument cluster. I got it this way, and I cannot get it to start. I have the red key and the two black keys, and the code card. Now my question is this, I need to get a cluster of course, but I have been told three different things. One that you have to have a new cluster the old ecu will not work with a used cluster from another bike(without the ecu and ignition and keys), two that you can get a used cluster and with the red key you can "program" the new-used cluster, three that you have to send the used cluster, ecu, and ignition and keys off to someone who can program it-I have been told everywhere from 350.00-500.00. Any definitive answer on this problem? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
134 Posts
unless you get a "virgin" cluster, you can't just plug in any cluster.

you can get the ECU reflashed to erase the key mating and that should work for you, so that it can take any cluster

you can also buy the whole set up ( i know there is one on ebay right now) which would include a new ECU, keys, and cluster and that is plug and play.

I think the other option is buying a used cluster and an aftermarket ECU and that should work also.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you that is what I was of the understanding of..Pretty Sh*tty of ducati, the instruments should not be in the equation-should just be the ecu and key-they should be matched-gauges should just read what info sent to them, and that is it..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts